52

"How did you manage to convince him?" Charlie asks while you wait for her father to come downstairs, to join you all to go out to Ozzie's and meet with Vox again.

"Do you really want to know?" Charlie's mouth opens, before shutting immediately and looking away as if she put two and two together in her head. "I "nagged" him enough, as he says." It's funny to watch her come to the worst conclusions about you and her dad's love life.

"Don't let him say that to you!"

"Hon, you say he nags you all the time."

"But that's different!" You laugh at how quickly Charlie tries to come to your defense over something that usually is seen as an insult.

But you just flicked Lucifer in the forehead when he said it, and it promptly turned into him throwing you halfway across the room onto your shared bed after poking and "nagging" him more. "It's fine, I got him back for saying it. But those kinds of things don't bother me, I know he doesn't mean it." Lucifer wouldn't ever say a mean thing about you seriously.

Just like you wouldn't say anything against him either. "But he's really agreeing to this? He's really going to let you take the deal?"

It took all last night to convince him to agree. It took promising to have him on speed dial and nearby during dinners, it took agreeing to let him put a ward on you for dinners. It took agreeing to never agree to anything else Vox ever asks of you, only having dinner and small talk. And of course, telling him after dinner what all went down, so he knows if he needs to go kill Vox. Not that you'll let him do that, as a Guardian Angel.

"Toots, you must really rock his world to have him wrapped around your finger so soon." You immediately narrow your eyes at Angel for the comment, because it's too soon for those kinds of comments after they saw how you couldn't walk without a limp yesterday.

Fucking Lucifer's smug smile during the whole trip home didn't help either...

"Yeah, she does." Speak of the devil and he'll always appear...

"Dad..."

"Are you finally ready to go?" You ask before Lucifer can further dig your graves in the eyes of your friends and his daughter.

Lucifer stops beside you, all dressed and ready to go finally. "It takes time to get this," Lucifer gestures to his perfect hair and perfect dress pants and vest. "Ready for the day, songbird."

You roll your eyes at his dramatics, but he's smiling regardless. When Charlie looks away, you lean in and kiss him on the cute red mark hiding his dimple before starting for the door. "Now that you're here, we can finally head to Ozzie's." Lucifer is hot on your heels though, taking your hand into his.

"Angel, is Husk coming?" Charlie asks as you all head outside to start the walk to Ozzie's.

"No, Al's making him help with Adam today." You're fairly certain Alastor doesn't need Husk's help and is instead making him help in retaliation for all the times Husk has been away from the job Alastor actually wants him to do. Also, potentially in retaliation for not being allowed to come to this meeting, because it was so last minute, and Vox's one request was keeping it small.

In other words, only you, Lucifer, Charlie and Angel. Not even Vaggie, who is at Charlie's side whenever she has to be around someone dangerous like Vox. But you're dealing with it, you're getting Angel his freedom today.

You all arrive at Ozzie's before Vox and Valentino once again, getting set up in Oz's private lounge once more as Lucifer and Angel order drinks and Charlie and you read through the contract one last time. You look up from your phone when Lucifer pokes you in the ribs though, tablet in hand. "Wanna Sherly Temple?"