85

"So, don't get mad, but I have my royal guard escorting Valentino to the manor for me to interrogate him tonight." It shouldn't surprise you that less than a day after realizing you'd need to go to the Porn Demon himself, Lucifer would immediately go after him.

But it does surprise you that he'd plan to take him to his manor, where you're sure he's going to put him in a cell, and likely torture him. Because both you and Charlie both told Lucifer that this has to be handled with finesse, not with brute force.

"Dad!"

"Lucifer Morningstar!"

"I said don't get mad!" How does he really expect you or Charlie not to get mad at him when he snuck past your backs to do exactly what you both told him not to do? He literally ordered his royal guard to take Valentino to the manor!

"We said no torturing him, dad!"

"I'm not going to torture him!" You highly doubt that if Lucifer is taking Valentino somewhere where no one will be able to help him. Where no one will be able to hear if Lucifer tortures the information you need out of him. "I'm just going to talk to him, like I did with Vox that time about the Hellevator!"

You walk back into the office behind the front desk, not believing Lucifer for a second because you know how much he hates the Porn Demon. You know he wishes he could make Valentino pay for everything he's done to you and Angel. But stooping to his level of using violence to get the things you want?

No, you'll never stoop down to Valentino's level. But you wish Lucifer would listen to you and Charlie and not do it himself.

You've barely sat yourself down at the manager desk to pull up the ad you finished earlier for the hotel when Lucifer finally stops trying to convince Charlie he's not up to no good just past the one-way window that lets you see the front desk, instead rounding the front desk towards the office door. "Darling--"

"Don't come in here trying to convince me you're not going to hurt him, Lucifer." You heard the things he threatened to do to Valentino. While Valentino is the scum of Hell, you're still above him. Violence only begets violence. "Why did you even tell us? You knew we weren't going to agree with this."

"Songbird, I'm not going to torture him. He's going to meet with me under the pretense of a royal request. I'm going to use my title as king of Hell to get what we need out of him just as I did with Vox about the cameras. I'll only rough him up if he insults you." You shrug Lucifer's hand off your shoulder when he steps in to touch you. "Beautiful--"

"We aren't Valentino, Lucifer. We don't need to stoop to his level and use violence because we think there's no other way to get the information we're searching for." Lucifer sits on the edge of the desk as you finish pulling up the ad for Charlie to check over before you post it. "What happens when he doesn't share who's pulling his strings? What will you do then?"

"I'll buy it out of him, just as I did Vox." Buy it out of Valentino? "I'll pay him for the information, because those greedy fucking sinners only care about money, sex and power. And I have all of that, but I also have enough money or enough power to make him think I'm paying him more than his puppeteer could ever give him."

"What do you mean make him think? What would you do?"

"I could use my magic to make an illusion, because honestly, I don't want to give him more money that would go towards drugs or abusing the souls he still has. Once we get what we want, confirm that he wasn't lying, I'd let the illusion fall." So, he could be offering Valentino millions in fake currency in a sense, only to let it fade away to nothingness once the ruse has worked in Lucifer's favor.