44

"Luce?"

"Hm?"

It feels strange to be the one bothering Lucifer while he's working, and not the other way around. It feels strange to be near him while he's working too, since usually he leaves the hotel for his royal work. Instead of working at the desk in his workshop.

But it's a new sight, watching Lucifer pour over paperwork like a regular man instead of the cheeky little devil of Hell you've always associated him to be. Signing and vanishing papers with snaps of his fingers before moving onto more.

And for a change, you have nothing to do today. Because Charlie took Adam out with her and Vaggie, and you didn't want to intrude since it seemed as if they were going to have a serious day together. So, here you are, lounging around while everyone else works. And you hate it, you hate being idle. Even as a Guardian Angel, you were never idle.

"Yes, dear?" Lucifer turns his face to you as you come to his side, glancing down at papers stamped with the sigil of Sloth.

"Can I steal you away from your work for a moment?" Lucifer turns his chair, pulling you onto his lap in response as he smiles up at you happily. "All of you are working today, and now I'm the distraction instead of you."

"A beautiful, sexy, warm distraction." You roll your eyes playfully down at the king beneath you as he leans up to press his face against the nearly gone hickeys on your neck that he'd left the other night. Left after absolutely ruining his ducky print boxers, and your panties.

"My point being, I need something to occupy my day." You've already finished the ad campaigns for the Hazbin Hotel, you finished them the other day. And this isn't a large business like VoxTek, so your expertise's aren't needed daily here.

"What about the hotel?" Lucifer asks as he shifts his chair back to face his desk, reaching past you for his pen to continue working despite you sitting sideways on his lap like this.

"I've already finished that. Charlie doesn't have anything else she needs me for right now."

"You could work for me, songbird."

"I feel like your work involves me with my back on your desk." Lucifer's eyes flicker up to meet yours after signing another paper, a brow raised with a devious smirk. "No, down little devil." You pinch his chin between your thumb and index as he sticks his tongue out at you.

"While that's tempting, I was thinking more along the lines of paper pushing, since that's most of my job now that the seven rings mostly handle themselves." Lucifer says while waving a hand at the large pile of paperwork. "Perks and downside of being an absent king for a couple thousand years."

"I think that's a bit below my pay grade, Luce." Lucifer laughs before signing another paper. "As much as I don't want to say it, VoxTek--"

"Don't." Lucifer's free arm pulls you tighter against his chest. "You're not going back, especially not with how much slander he's been throwing out about you and me, or you being angelic scum, or--" You cut Lucifer off from ranting by kissing him, letting him have a moment before you pull back.

"I wasn't wanting to go back, Lu." You're not an idiot, you know there's no going back. Vox has been acting like a child, and Valentino has been trying to use Angel as a spy to bring back info on you to his partner. They even tried to get Adam to come work for them, but he gave them a massive fuck you to that notion.

"Then what?"

"I was only going to say VoxTek kept me busy. I'm used to being kept busy, especially as a Guardian Angel. Just sitting around feels unnatural to me."