62

You weren't expecting when you set your plan in motion to keep Adam as "distracted" from distracting Charlie as possible while also watching for Lilith's potential next move for her next move to be against her ex-husband.

And you can't deny that it infuriates you more than before to see her walking down the grand staircase in the lobby with Lucifer, laughing coquettishly at something he said as he grins wickedly back at her. You trust Lucifer, you know he's trying to be nice for Charlie, but you don't trust Lilith.

Not after what you've learned.

"I told you she's dangerous. She's going to take your snake back from you, so he does what she wants." Adam whispers to you before sticking his slurpy straw back between his lips. As if she senses Adam's not doing as she demanded, Lilith's eyes drift away from Lucifer and to you and Adam sitting together on the couch while Charlie gives a speech about the power of apologizing to some potential guests at the bar nearby.

You've spent eons learning to keep cool and not show the outside world what you're feeling, many lessons with Michael about this very thing too, so when Lilith's eyes narrow in your direction, you turn back to Adam. "I'm pretty sure he won't let that happen."

"You must think your pussy is the best in the world. Oh, who am I kidding, I've been inside you before too--"

"Adam, shut the fuck up." You wish you could smack him for those kinds of perverse comments, at the very least pinch a wing like you do to Lucifer when he's being too big of a perv.

"Still waiting on those mortal memories to come back to figure out if it's true, babe? When your snake runs back to his mommy, I'll happily recreate those old memories with you." You roll your eyes at the first man, looking away as Adam leans into your space with a lascivious grin.

Your eyes fall on Lucifer just as he finally looks away from his ex, spotting you as well. And you understand why Adam's being such a perv when he's been somewhat fine recently, because Lucifer's eyes immediately glow red, and his horns pop out as he sees Adam leaning against your side.

To an outsider, Adam's hitting on you. To Lucifer who doesn't know, Adam's hitting on you. But he just slyly took Lucifer's attention away from the former queen of Hell, and you almost didn't see what his plan was.

Lucifer is on you in an instant, despite how Lilith tries to keep his attention with another laugh. Pulling you up off the couch only to take your place and drop you down on his lap. Adam rolls his eyes at the scene, but you barely catch the smallest smug smirk that curls over his lips before he shoves his slurpy straw back between his lips. "Wasn't the point of you giving her a guard dog so you wouldn't do it yourself?" Adam asks around the straw.

"Is there a problem with me sitting with my girlfriend?" You normally would curb the jealousy, because you don't want Lucifer to feel the need to get jealous when someone else has your attention. You reassure him often you're not going anywhere, you're with him because you love him.

But you're going to let it slide this time because it stops Lilith from whatever plan she's trying to work against your partner and her ex. And her glare is obvious this time before she walks over towards the bar where her daughter is instead. Score one for the team redemption. "What're you up to, Lu?"

"I was coming to check on Charlie, but now I wanna check on you instead." You roll your eyes playfully down at your king, before he leans up and kisses you. You don't miss the not-so-subtle hand behind your back though, no doubt in you that he's flipping off Adam on the other end of the couch. "How is your day, my beautiful girlfriend."

"You're not subtle at all, Luci." Lucifer doesn't even try to hide his proud smirk, and you can't deny the warmth filling your heart at knowing just how much he'll do to keep another guy from trying to steal your attention from him. "And I felt your hand flipping him off on my back."