71

"Beautiful, do you want to spend the night in Lust tomorrow, or portal back after our date?" You look up from your computer as Lucifer plops himself on your new desk that he created last night for you. He offered to put another in his workshop, so you could work with him, but you settled for the landing between his workshop and the bedroom instead.

Privacy for him and you to work, because you know how easily distracted he is. And look, he's already distracted and sitting on the dark wood of your desk. "Do we have anything planned for Tuesday morning?"

"I don't, do you?"

"Nope. It's up to you, I'm sure Oz wouldn't mind us staying the night in his manor." Lucifer's lips curl into a smirk as he stares down at his phone. "What're you thinking about, Luci?"

"Last time we stayed the night there." This cheeky little devil...

"Maybe this time you'll get more than head, if you want it." Lucifer's smirk wavers just the slightest as he taps away at his phone, no doubt in you that he's texting Oz to either confirm or deny you both staying at his manor.

Lucifer still hasn't wanted to go further than kissing and cuddling. You understand, he wants you to get your health back and he feels he doesn't deserve it because of what Lilith has done to damage his confidence in your relationship. You hope Lilith has taken the hint and stopped trying to put her hands on him.

You certainly know she hasn't with Adam, and it pissed you off to no end yesterday to find the first man with a busted lip from Lilith smacking him for his refusal to cooperate with her wants. Adam never put his hands on her, when they were married or after, so it infuriates you that she thinks that kind of behavior is acceptable, and he can't fight back or defend himself.

"Penny for your thoughts, love?" You ask as Lucifer finishes tapping away at his phone. "Nothing happened that I need to know about, right?"

"No, just the usual insecurities." You frown, before pushing yourself up out of your chair and walking around your desk to your little devil. "I'm okay, promise. Just gonna take some time to get over knowing I let Lilith hurt our relationship for that little while."

"Wounds heal, Luce. As proven by this." You let your wings swing free, glaring at the myriad of feathers that flutter around you. "Why???"

"They're starting to stick now; it's been a week since the shooting." You know, but you hate the mess your feathers keep making when you let your wings out. All the tiny little baby feathers all over the suite right now are infuriating. "Any pain or twinges anymore?"

"No, they're fine. Do you think the scars will fade or stick, because of the bullets being angelic steel?"

Lucifer pulls you to him, smoothing a hand over your wings and the spots where little feathers are starting to reemerge where you'd been bare from the bullet wounds. "They'll fade. I've had my fair share of wounds from angelic steel when in Heaven, and I have no scars." That's ominous, considering Heaven's peaceful nature. "Michael and I would spar sometimes, and he never went easy on me."

"Michael would let his spear hurt you? Why?"

"It's not a real challenge without risk." It does bring to memory the many times you'd sparred with Michael, and he'd try to hit you with his spear. But being that you're a Guardian Angel, his spear could never harm you. It would just fall, and he'd take it as a win if he managed to touch you with it. "You sparred with him too, you know how my brother was."

"But you're his twin, I was just his disciple in a sense." Lucifer shrugs, as if it's the most normal thing in the world to be physically injured by your sibling. "I'm sorry, handsome, you shouldn't have had to endure that." Lucifer accepts you into his arms as you wrap your own around his neck.