42

You understand that Lucifer doesn't want the new change in your relationship shared just yet, but you think he's failing at his own request as you feel the slink of scales wrapping around your calf as you eat. And you flex against him, but he doesn't let up as you watch out of the corner of your eye as he assures a hungover Adam, he didn't cook breakfast, so it's safe to eat.

"What is that?"

"Why, it's grits. I used to have them regularly in New Orleans!" Alastor answers as he dishes some of the grits out onto his plate, while Adam makes a disgusted face at the dish.

"Adam, eggs and toast would be good for your hangover." You join the conversation, watching as Adam grabs the massive plate of scrambled eggs to dish onto his plate. And the way Lucifer scowls at being ignored when he was saying the same thing has you fighting off a laugh behind your hand. But he turns to you with playfully narrowed eyes, obviously having heard the snort that slipped free.

"Good morning!" Ozzie finally joins you all, his hungover boyfriend hanging on his shoulders and groaning at the loud greeting. "Sorry, Froggy."

"Good morning, Oz." You greet as he and Fizz join the massive dining room table. It feels strange to have staff waiting on the sidelines, like you're back in the early nineteen-hundreds England with servants waiting on you hand in foot. The servants pushing Oz and Fizz's chairs in and pouring them drinks is something you don't think you'll get used to.

Lucifer doesn't seem to mind, although they are his staff, so it makes sense.

"Everyone else still asleep?" Oz asks as he makes up a plate for himself and his boyfriend who looks like he wants to go back to bed.

"Probably. Charlie, Angel and Husk had the most to drink last night, aside from Fizz who you must have dragged out of bed." You answer as Fizz hums in response, as if to agree with what you're saying.

"Niffty's on a hunt through the manor for bugs." Alastor reveals where the smallest missing member of your group is, and you notice the way Lucifer tenses at the mention of the evil girl running around his manor unsupervised.

You flex your leg against his tail still holding you, and he gives you a look before relaxing and taking a big chug from his coffee.

"Well, this has been a lovely little vacation away from Lust, thank you for the getaway, Luci!" Oz says cheerfully before you notice the way he's looking between you and the king beside you. You know Asmodeus is observant, as proven by how he knew you and Lucifer were doing more than you alluded to before. But the way he's looking between the two of you right now is as if he can see last night's conversation played out just looking at you. As if he knows everything from Lucifer's first confession to you both crawling out of bed thirty minutes ago. And it has your heart thrum anxiously for a moment, before you remember this is the man that wanted you to be happy and Lucifer as well.

"That talking picture box hasn't bothered you any further, has he, dear?" Alastor asks as Angel and Husk finally amble into the dining room to join you all for breakfast. Obviously, both are as hungover as Fizz and Adam look.

"I muted his calls and texts yesterday before we left the hotel. I haven't actually checked if he's still blowing my phone up." You pull out your phone, genuinely curious now that Alastor reminded you of what you did yesterday. In the excitement of last night, you honestly forgot all about Vox.

The tail around your calf leaves you to grab your phone just before you can unlock it, setting it on the table instead. "Don't worry about that. We're having a lovely breakfast, that shitty TV Demon doesn't deserve another minute of your time."