30

"You don't have to join in with Bee's chaos if you don't want to, Songbird." Lucifer whispers in your ear, hot breath fanning your skin. You probably wouldn't have heard him otherwise, over the cheering of Angel and Husk as Bee chugs down a keg of whiskey like its water.

"What exactly do you think she's planning?" You ask as Lucifer tilts his head to let you reply. And your eye catches on the forming bruise on his ear, chest warming again at knowing he's in public with that when he's spent so long on Lilith's chain.

"Knowing Bee?" Lucifer meets your eye, and the smallest smirk on his lips tells you Bee's potentially more chaotic than him. "She'll probably get up on stage, she usually does at every party even if she's not the host. She probably wants you to either sing or dance with her, Charlie will probably sing."

"And you'll let her perform if it's with Bee versus when Ozzie asks her to?" Lucifer rolls his eyes at you, but you flash him the smirk he's always giving you. "That doesn't make much sense, Lu."

"Shh." Lucifer shoves your drink closer to you, so you take the hint and take a sip of your Shirley Temple before looking back at Bee as she slams the now empty keg down on the floor to the cheers of everyone watching. "Still wanna wait until we get back home?"

The warmth of pride still in your chest fans at Lucifer's question, because you can hear his impatience in his voice. And that's because of you, because you both stopped earlier, and he didn't want to stop. "You wanna get cucked if Bee comes looking for me and pulls me away from you?"

"I wouldn't let her take you." And you have to shove Lucifer back when you feel his teeth tease at your earlobe, because you're in public. And you know he's had a few, and you don't want him to regret this like the last trip to Ozzie's. "Songbird..."

"Do you want everyone to see you?" Lucifer blinks back at you, so you lean forward and shove his unfinished cocktail further away from him. "I think you've had enough for tonight, Luce. Sober up a little."

"I don't care if they see, songbird." You're sure that'll change when he's sobered up a bit. "Half the club is either eye-fucking their date or actually fucking them, why not go with the flow."

"Because you'll regret it." You shove your drink into his hand laid in front of you on the table, giving him a pointed look to take a sip. But the way he looks away before chugging what's left of your drink does cause an ache in your heart. "Lu, I'm trying to protect you."

"I don't need protecting, beautiful." Oh, that's a new nickname from him.

"Luce, you don't even let your daughter know what's going on, and she walked in on you in bed with me." Lucifer practically shrinks away from you at that, and you feel guilty immediately because tonight's supposed to be good. "Luce, I just want to make sure you don't regret anything."

"I have your hickey on me in plain sight right now, songbird. But I get it, I'll stop."

"Your highness, it is such a delight to see you and our pretty little songbird so familiar to each other!" Alastor has the worst timing... "Shall we assume that bite on your ear is courtesy of her? I do hope you aren't taking advantage of her bleeding heart."

Lucifer's horns pop out of his head immediately. Even you want to say something, because Alastor's comment about your heart is too much after what he did. But you focus on Lucifer, because this isn't the time for their bickering. "My "bleeding heart" is fine, Alastor. And who bites Lucifer is between him and that lady."

"Are you just jealous because no one's ever given you the luxury of real pleasure, Alastor?" Your hand immediately snaps down to Lucifer's thigh pressed against yours, squeezing in warning to stop before they truly start their petty bullshit.