58

It's taking everything in Lucifer's power not to break the circle and run to his songbird floating in the air outside of his reach. It's taking absolutely everything in him to clench down on his frantic heart and stay still, because he's never seen her pass out like that. He never wanted to see her pass out due to being overwhelmed with a sudden surge in power from outside forces.

"Bel--"

"She'll wake up soon, Lucifer. She's just overwhelmed, but our magic is working." Lucifer isn't sure how much he believes in his fellow sin. He trusts Bel, he's always trusted her. If he didn't, he wouldn't go to therapy with her. He wouldn't have allowed this risky plan to get this far...

But he loves that woman floating in the middle of this summoning circle wrapped in a rainbow of colorful magic. He loves her, he loves her so much it's killing him to know she might be hurting, and he can't help her right now.

"And what happens when she wakes up?" Charlie asks as she rubs her hand that's casting her magic towards his songbird. And he feels guilty too knowing his daughter is helping with this, because he knows it's going to be taxing on all of them. But he also knows his daughter well enough to know she won't stand on the sidelines when a friend or family is in need.

It does comfort him to know she cares this much about the woman he's in love with, because he was worried for a little too long that she would change her acceptance on his relationship. That she'd see how he is with his songbird, and it would make her miss his past with her mom. But she hasn't, and he's so proud of his daughter for how accepting she is.

Right now, he really just wants to carry his beautiful girlfriend back to their room and forget all about this. He wants to wipe away any worries she's had, he wants to protect her. He's been so terrified that this is only going to damage her soul more, that he's going to lose her just like he's lost everything else in his life. He can't, he can't lose her. It'll kill him...

"When she wakes up, the repairing process will truly begin. Right now, our magic is acting as pickaxes against the dam blocking the rest of her soul that's been broken away from connecting to the greater whole. Once that dam is broken, the fragmented pieces will reconnect. At that point, our magic will begin mending the cracks while she relives some of her lost memories during the process." Bel explains as Lucifer looks back towards his beautiful songbird instead.

He doesn't like knowing how many people will get to see some of those memories with her. He told her he wanted to know her, know all of her, but he's not sure even he wants to see what may have caused her to fall. If he sees what Adam did to her, he might just go destroy that petulant brat for a second time.

"And what if it's too much?" Charlie asks what Lucifer doesn't want to voice aloud though.

"Honey, I'm sure she'll be fine." Oz chimes in from his end of the star, sitting on the floor already while he lets his purple magic work on the woman in the middle. "If she can handle Adam and those shitty overlords, I'm sure some bad memories will be nothing for her."

"What the fuck did I do?" Lucifer's eyes glare in the direction of the door, where Adam has decided to intrude on this private process now.

"You're the reason we're having to do this right now." Lucifer snaps at the first man that truly didn't matter to him until he fell for the first guardian angel.

"I'm not the reason you're doing this. You guys could have waited, fuck we have eternity down here because YOU GUYS killed me!"

"Adam, if you're not here to support the cause, then I believe you'd be better suited returning to bed." Bel interrupts before Lucifer can be tempted to break the circle just for the act of throwing Adam through another roof.