21

"Charlie told me what was happening, she knew what that potion was you three got because she knew I was in Sloth yesterday myself." Charlie is the reason Lucifer is in your room right now? Charlie knew what you, Angel and Husk were taking? But if she knew and told her dad, does that mean...

"Does she know?" It's bad enough that Lucifer knows what you did, what you both did, but if Charlie knew you'd just burn up in Hellfire right now.

"No." Oh, thank God. "She knows something happened, but not exactly what happened." Lucifer further clarifies as you watch him stand from your bed, start to pace the floor in front of it instead as you finally take a moment to take him in.

He looks like he hasn't left his room all day, based on the way his hair is a mess instead of its usual perfection and the surprising light stubble dusting his chin. And he's in his pajamas, but they look slept in already. But it's his eyes that give away to you that he's not doing alright, the dark circles you see under his magenta eyelids as he closes his eyes and brushes his hair back.

"Luce, are you okay?"

"Nope! Not really." Guilt swirls from your heart down to your stomach, because you know this is because of what happened in Lust. Because you saw how he reacted to his wedding band being off his hand, you heard him apologizing to Lilith. You both might have been drunk, but you're sure had he been sober that never would have happened because of his love for Lilith.

You push yourself up out of bed, despite how you can still feel the aftershocks of that trip down memory lane still try to light your nerves up with phantom excitement. Because Lucifer needs you, and this isn't about your heart. It's about him and what damage drinking together might have done.

"You know, I haven't had sex in a little over a decade with anything that wasn't a glorified toy?" You blink over at Lucifer for the out of left field comment. "Even before our divorce, the intimacy was gone for a long time. But I... I still waited; you know? Because I didn't want to feel disloyal to her, and I..." Lucifer trails off, walking over to your couch and plopping down before burying his hands in his messy hair.

You follow him over, making sure to keep a little space between the two of you as you sit with him on the couch. "I'm sorry, Lucifer." He pulls one hand from tugging at his hair to wave towards you.

"You're not the one who initiated, I'm a horny drunk and I know that." Well, you didn't know that. Had you had a heads up, you probably wouldn't have drunk to spite him. You would have kept your eye on him to protect his fragile image of his former marriage. But you notice something, as he pulls his hand back to card through his hair.

Lucifer's wedding band is off again... "Luce, did you... Did you take your ring off because of what happened?"

Lucifer pulls his hand back from his hair, looking down at his unusually bare hand with a look in his eyes that stabs you in the heart. "Didn't feel like I deserved to wear it right now." And the knife is twisting, threatening to take the air from your lungs, because he took that treasured ring off because of what you both did together. Just like he must have taken it off that night because of what you two did after he took it off...

"We were drunk, Lucifer." You offer even though you're not sure what to say, because what can you say to help him? He just broke a massive shield he was using to protect his former marriage, and it was with you. "You probably thought I was Lilith in the moment." You didn't mean to say that, you didn't mean to out that thought, especially knowing Lucifer doesn't talk about her with you.

But as soon as her name left your lips, his eyes snap to you. "Why would you say that?" And he's irritated, rightfully so, because you know he doesn't want to talk about Lilith with you. Even if he just was indirectly through his ring.