76

This is a nice way to make a stressful day better.

You smile at how happy Ortho is to have his own bedroom, at how he keeps jumping on his bed and doing somersaults and howling with happiness while Lucifer finishes setting up Ortho's room with his magic.

How this man can make a tower in the shape of an apple so much bigger on the inside than it looks from outside, you don't know. But you wish you had his abilities of creation.

Ortho now has his own bed, not a massive king like yours and Lucifer's, but still big for just him. With curtains with glow in the dark stars stitched into them that he can wrap around his bed for bedtime. Originally, before Ortho ruined the surprise by coming back early from playing with Razzle, you and Lucifer were discussing if you should give Ortho a TV.

Instead, Lucifer settled on a projector like what you have for your own room. That way he can't try to sneak the VoxBox in here while you and Lucifer aren't watching, because it can't be hooked up to a projector. Not only that though, but you also made sure to put a parental lock on it so you can shut it off when Ortho's had too much screen time.

Ortho does another somersault off his bed as Lucifer finishes the final touches of toys and a night light. "I'm pretty sure Ortho says thank you in his own way." You say as Ortho dives into the box full of toys, grabbing two of in each of his mouths and whipping them around viciously with a growl.

"Maybe now he won't throw stuff at me anymore." Lucifer walks over to you, wrapping his arms around you as you watch Ortho launch himself onto his bed once more to continue jumping on it. "Look good to you?"

"I think so, and Ortho seems to love it too. Good job, Lu. Thank you for giving him his own room." You turn to your king, pecking him on the cheek as he hums happily before kissing you on the forehead.

"And his room is on the opposite side of the tower, too. Which means we can still get rough in bed without worrying about the bed making too much noise for him." You glare playfully at Lucifer for the perverse comment. "He's got his own bathroom too now, so hopefully he stops using the potted plants..."

"I doubt that, I think you'll need to work with him on that."

"Why me???"

"Because you're his dad! If we ever have a girl, I'll potty train her. You get the boys." Lucifer rolls his eyes playfully at you now, before they soften when he sees your smile.

"C'mon, let's give him some time to himself in his new room." Lucifer pulls you backwards towards the door. Almost as soon as you're both outside Ortho's room, he lets out another happy howl that has you laughing at how much he obviously loves his new bedroom.

"Thank you, Luce." You turn to Lucifer as he walks over towards the couch, following him to wrap him in a hug and kiss his cheek. "I can give you the thanks I'm sure Ortho wishes he could give too."

"Ortho's thanks are howls and whipping his new toys around." Technically true, Ortho will probably be busy playing for the rest of the day now. He'll probably even drag anyone who visits the suite to his room to show it off. "Have you heard anything from Charlie while I was working on Ortho's room?"

"No." You sit down beside Lucifer, laying your legs over his lap at the insistence of his hand on your knee. "Didn't she say she'd come up to the suite to let you know when she talked to her mom?"

"She did, but I just... I don't want her to have to handle this alone." You wrap your arms around Lucifer's shoulders. "I know she wants to, but her mother has a way with words. I don't know if what she says will get through to her, or if Lilith will try to get through to her instead."