Trepidation

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence. Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships.

--- Chase's Point of View ---

I was at a loss as to why James was doing this, when I saw the picture I knew it was him, not some other Bucky Barnes from a different timeline. I knew the man, I knew him well.

I thought James said he was going to leave me alone, that he would let me be with Bucky.

I took a few deep breaths, realizing that he was technically leaving me alone, but he must have known that doing this would cause problems, serous problems for me.

I looked up at Bucky, I was doing my best to not shiver around.

"That's not me..." He was quick to explain, I gave him a look, and he seemed to disregard it.

"I know it's not you." I didn't mean to sound so annoyed with him, but I couldn't help it, he must have known I knew who this was.

Now he was looking at me with some curiosity, head tilted a little bit.

"Is it him?"

I looked down, but not quickly enough, Bucky cleared his throat and was quiet for a moment.

"Are you sure?" His voice was a little bit softer.

"Yes."

I looked up at him, suddenly feeling very vulnerable, he set the tablet down and opened his arms, instantly I stepped into them.

"I have to ask this, you know that I do and that I mean nothing by it, did you know that he was going to do this?"

I shook my head. "No, I thought he was going to leave."

Bucky leaned down and kissed the top of my forehead gently, then moved down to the side of my neck and peppered it with kisses.

"I love you." He muttered.

"I love you to."

"Did you mind me leaving."

I thought about it for a moment, really thinking deeply about it, looking at my emotions, he didn't push it but simply held me in his arms and waited for my answer.

"I did, but I also know how much this means to you, so I will be waiting for you here, to come home to me."

He pulled back and put knuckles under my chin, raising my head up to look at him, putting almost a spotlight on how much taller than me he was.

"Thank you, but we do have to do something about...James...I'm never going to get used to another me being in this timeline."

"I can't imagine what it is like." I wasn't being snippy about this, honestly it must be something so odd and unexplainable. "But what can we do about him?"

"We are going to try and get him out of hiding." The trepidation in his tone of voice told me everything, and I was able to deduce what was going on.

"You want me to lure him out don't you?"

"Yes."

I held back tears.

"What are you going to do to him?" I felt Bucky stiffen a little bit at that question and took a moment to answer.

"I don't know, it will be up to Wakanda."