c 621-625

registerLog inforget the password

front page

My Bookshelf

Read the transcript

Feedback

front page

Simplified

Pages

collect

Table of contents

set up

daytime

Report an error

Chapter 621 Contradiction

  The first day of December is Qiao’s father’s sixtieth birthday.

The Qiao family had no plans for a big celebration, they just planned to have a meal together as a family on that day to celebrate Qiao's father's birthday.

When Qiao Daming and his wife received the news from the Qiao family, it was already November 29th, and the day after tomorrow was Qiao's father's birthday.

"My father-in-law is going to have a birthday, why didn't you inform us earlier? You had to wait until it was so close to tell us!"

Chen Yuzhu complained, but in fact he was very reluctant to go to the Qiao family.

"They always like to procrastinate. You will get used to it slowly. Don't hold too high hopes on them."

Qiao Daming held her in his arms and coaxed her softly. There was nothing else he could do since his wife was his own and if he didn't coax her, who would?

When his younger brother went to the hotel to inform him today, he was actually angry in his heart. The rush left him no time to prepare at all. There must always be a buffer period between work and personal arrangements so that colleagues can adjust shifts.

Chen Yuzhu sighed inwardly, adjusted his mood, and asked with a smile: "My father-in-law's birthday is the day after tomorrow. Have you thought about what gift we should give him?"

Qiao Daming frowned and thought for a moment, "How about sending some supplements?"

"What kind of supplements?" Chen Yuzhu asked again. The category of supplements is so vast, how could she answer without being specific.

"Go to the supply and marketing cooperative and buy some malted milk, canned fruit, etc. That should be enough."

Chen Yuzhu sneered: "Don't buy any food. If you buy food and put it in the cupboard, outsiders won't know what we gave as filial piety. Then your mother will tell outsiders that we are unfilial and didn't even give a decent gift to me on my birthday."

She had suffered enough from this kind of conspiracy, so this time she learned from her past mistakes and decided to give something more visible.

She pushed him gently and said, "How about we give him a set of clothes?"

"Clothes?" Qiao Daming didn't expect her to say she wanted to give him clothes.

"Yes." Chen Yuzhu held his face and kissed him on the cheek when he was not paying attention. "It's not certain who will eat the supplements. Besides, outsiders can't see what goes into the stomach. Whether it's good or bad depends on your mother's words.