91. The Last Of The Baby Grohls

6 Weeks Later - April 11th

40 Weeks

"I want this baby out," I said as Dave finally joined me in bed. It was the day before my due date and no baby. I was cranky and extra bitchy and just wanted to cry.

"I know baby. It could happen at any minute. Just try and get some sleep please. I know you haven't been sleeping much unless it's in the rocking chair," Dave said as he pulled me into his arm as he turned on the TV.

"It's just so hard to get comfy. Do you think your mom can stay longer than planned please?" I asked him.

"Of course. I'll talk it over with her in the morning. Just lay here and try to sleep while I watch some TV," Dave replied as he kissed the top of my head.

I closed my eyes and dozed off for a bit. I woke up briefly when the TV went off and then went right back to sleep. I woke up I don't know how long later and saw it was 4 in the morning. It's officially my due date. I headed into the nursery and sat in the rocking chair. I closed my eyes as I started rocking. I felt a hand on my knee and opened my eyes to see Kurt.

"Mom are you ok?" he asked and I smiled at him.

"I'm fine sweetie. What are you doing up right now?" I asked as he came and stood beside me and put his hand on my belly.

"Bowie wanted out of my room. I think he needs to pee," he replied.

"Well let's go let the dogs out then. I'm sure Dreamy is down there wanting out too," I said and I got up. Kurt and I headed downstairs and into the kitchen. Sure enough Dreamy and Bowie both need to go out. I opened the door and both dogs ran out the door followed by Kurt.

"Hey you don't go past the cement," I said as I walked out and sat down in a chair close to the door. Kurt ran back to me and got into the chair beside me. I felt a sharp pain and smiled.

"Why you smiling mom?" Kurt asked.

"I think the baby is coming today. Right on schedule," I replied as I felt hands on my shoulders. I looked up and saw Dave.

"Is that a good thing?" Kurt asked in response.

"Ya buddy it is. Why are you two up this early?" Dave asked.

"Bowie wanted out of his room so he got up and was probably on his way to you when he saw me in the nursery. I woke up because I couldn't sleep anymore. Woah," I said as another contraction came.

"Hey Kurt go wake grandma up and tell her that I need to take mom to the hospital now please," Dave said and Kurt ran inside. Dave helped me up and into the house. I continued to the front door as he got the dogs inside. I was just coming out of the living room when Ginny came downstairs with my bag.

"Where's Dave?" she asked as I sat down on the stairs and breathed through another contraction.

"I'm here. Was getting the dogs back inside. I'll call after the baby arrives. Bye mom. Bye Kurt," Dave said as he kissed both of them before grabbing the bag and helping me up. We got in the car and headed to the hospital.

5 Hours Later - 9:24 AM

"He's perfect," Dave said as he sat down in the chair holding our son.

"That he is. He still needs a name," I said in response as I looked at them.

"I know we used James in Eric's name but that was for Jimmy. So I was thinking we name him James but after my dad," Dave said as he looked up at me.

"What about his middle names? I want something kind of hippie ish," I replied.

"What about your last name? I know you still use it which I think is still stupid but I like the sound of James Lane," Dave said after awhile. I smiled and nodded my head. I didn't answer but I kept nodding. "Hello earth to Brittany."

"River," I said as I turned to look at him.

"James Lane River Grohl. I like it. Look at that little man. We named you finally," Dave replied as a knock came on the door.

I turned to look at door as Virginia came in with the kids and Jordyn. Virginia, Jordyn, Violet and Harper all took turns holding him. Through out the day everyone we knew and talked to on a daily basis. The last people to show up was Abby and Taylor. I was holding James after feeding him and Dave was passed out in the chair beside the bed.

"Hey Britt," Taylor said as he walked up to the side of my bed where the chair was. He leaned over and kissed my cheek and said congratulations before nudging Dave awake. Abby hugged me and sat on the bed beside me.

"Hey you. How you doing?" she asked as Dave and Taylor bro hugged.

"I'm good just tired. I want to go home and sleep for a month," I replied as I yawned.

"I know the feeling. So what did you name the newest little mini Dave?"

"James Lane River," I replied as Dave took the baby from me and gave him to Taylor.

"Oh I love that you used your last name. I told Dave about that awhile ago," Abby said and I looked over at Dave. I gave him the really face and he just shrugged.

"Well it was a great idea. Thank you girlie. Any word from Scotty yet?" I asked and she shook her head. I sighed and looked down at my hands.

"He was dealing with a lot. You saw all the comments people made about Isaiah when he was with Frances and after they spilt up. Scotty has been dealing with hateful comments on all his social media. I know that's not an excuse but maybe the guy needed a break," Dave said as he walked over to the bed and I just looked at him.

"Don't defend him. I get the hateful comments but that's not a reason to abandon the girl you planned on proposing to the day after your daughter was born. He was going to purpose Dave. Why would he plan that if he was just going to run?" I asked as I got more agitated.

"I'm not defending him. It's a crappy thing what he did but the shit people say about him gets to him and hurts him. Just like you," Dave replied and I just shook my head.

"I think he'll come back. Frances talks to his sister a lot so if Scotty shows up at home she'll know. Now excuse me while I take your baby away from my husband so I can hold him," Abby said as she patted my hand. She stood up and walked over to Taylor as Dave sat down beside me.

"He'll come back. He just needs time away ok," Dave said as he looked at me. I saw something there and I opened my mouth in surprise.

"You know where he is?" I asked and he nodded. "Damn it Dave." Abby and Taylor both looked at us

"Do you remember that night I left and promised you I would bring you back all your favorite chocolate bars?" Dave asked and I nodded so he could continue. "Well Scotty called me and asked me to pick him up and take him home. When I get to where he told me he was there was a party going on. Scotty was so fucked up he couldn't walk tog et into the car. I drove him to a rehab clinic and he's been there ever since."

"Why didn't you tell me or Frances?" I asked.

"I told Frances once Scotty went the 30 days without outside communication. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you going into premature labour. He's fine, Frances and Lydia are fine and you are fine," Dave said and I just shrugged.

Abby and Taylor stayed a bit longer before heading home to Ollie and Clair. Dave left and went home to the kids eventually. I laid there with James beside me in the little portable crib they brought him into the room in and thought about how much had happened in the past 5 years. I also couldn't help but think about what I was going to do after the movie with Mark. Should I rejoin the band? I wanted to but it wasn't just me I had to think about. Kurt and Meredith would be starting kindergarten in September and I need to be home for that. I knew I would have to talk it out with Dave again but I really didn't know what to do.

James Lane River Grohl - April 11th