Pages 21+22

Stomach-Faced Duck

DOWN FEATHER DETAIL

Some creatures in Gravity Falls inspire awe. Others inspire "AHHHH!!!" I was immediately disturbed when I witnessed a flock of these malformed mallards swimming together in the center of the lake.

RESPONDS EVERY TIME TO THIS DUCK CALL

I purchased a duck whistle at the bait shop to see if one would return my call. Indeed he did. But when his mouth opened, I could see his intestines and other vital organs! It was horrifying, although anatomically quite fascinating.

HE LOVES CRACKERS!

I quickly lost my appetite and turned over my crackers and sandwich to the birds, who were happy to finish them off. One might make a good pet. That is, if you could get over the whole visible-intestines thing.

-----

Question Quail
Owls say "WHO." These birds say "WHERE?," "WHY?," and "WHEN?" Known by their black question markings. Perhaps cousins of the Apostro-Finch and Exclamation Parakeet.

Cowl
Part cow, part owl. Lays milk-filled eggs. Calls "M-HOO." Even more of a paradox that its cousin, the Parrot-Ox.

Hawktopus
Too stupid to study.

Woodpecker-pecker
A miniature woodpecker that gets its meals by pecking bugs out of the back feathers of regular-sized woodpeckers. May have a Woodpecker-Pecker-Pecker on its back. (Need microscope to investigate.)