Pages 275+276

DIPPER'S JOURNAL

It is a beautiful summer day. Everyone is packing for their respective futures, but I have found my mind drifting to how lovely the cloudless sky looks beneath the August sun. I've spent too long with my head in a book; it's time to look at the world- and people- around me once more.

But what to do with these journals? They've been created, destroyed, lost, found, buried, and burned, and yet, somehow, despite everything, they remain here like a curse I cannot escape.

I had suggested to Ford that because of all the misfortune caused by them, we burn them in the last campfire of the summer. Stan, Fiddleford, Ria, & Mabel all seemed very excited by this notion.

But Ford had a better idea: we burn all my Bill Cipher artifacts instead. So we did. My scrolls, carpets, window... everything I've ever collected with Bill went into the fire. We made s'mores and told stories until sunrise. 

It was Stan who ultimately came up with the best solution of what to do with the journals....

-----

And so here we are at the Bottomless Pit, a mystery of Gravity Falls that I still have never fully solved. Based on my investigations, tossing these journals inside could land them just about anywhere.

They may end up in the center of the Earth, being devoured by a subterranean dinosaur, or in another dimension, or somehow in the hands of another curious young mind whose adventure has just begun... perhaps someone who will find secrets in this book that were hidden even from me...

And that brings us to you, dear reader. If you are holding this book in your hands, you hold something more than a record of the curious happenings of a town called Gravity Falls. You hold a record of one man's folly and the kindness of a family that saved him from himself. It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up.

Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough. If you have come on these adventures with us, then you are an honorary member of the Pines family, and your adventure starts today.

And if anyone every gets in your way- well, we have an entire section on Curses. Have at it.

For the last time, unless we meet in some distant world, this is

Dipper Pines, signing off.