Pages 141+142

I've always dreamed of seeing the Loch Ness monster in person, and this local legend was the next best thing! I didn't exactly get a photograph (Ugh, long story!) but here's a VERY REALISTIC drawing of the local lake monster they call the Gobblewonker!

1) Mouth for gobbling, long neck for wonking.

2) Makes a call that sounds exactly like a beaver with a chainsaw. Seriously!

3) These enormous flippers move so fast you'd think this creature has a motor.

4) That's because it DOES have a motor. It turned out to be a fake... but still- we did catch it. And from inside came the REAL Catch of the Day...

a strange toothless old woman they call...

-----

Crazy Chiu

The cast on her arm has a strange hum coming from inside. She's a genius when it comes to robotics. (Just like Fiddleford!) Could she have a robot forearm? Is she slowly turning herself into a robot???

Totally wall-eyed yet she always seems to be staring at me. Very uncomfortable.

I swear that every time I look at her, the gold tooth has moved to a different part of her mouth.

Never wears shoes. She calls them "foot prisons."

Not sure what the ring caught in her hair is all about, and I don't think she knows either. But when I reach for it, she starts to growl like a small dog.

There's definitely something suspicious about this woman, but I can't tell if she knows more than she lets on or LESS than she lets on. I wonder if the Author ever had to deal with strange locals like this girl.