Pages 199+200

CATEGORY 11
DEMONIC VENGEANCE SPECTER

So in the original journal, the Author thought there were only 10 categories of ghosts. Turns out he was WAY wrong! You think you've seen true terror? Check out this flannel phantom!

Ax stuck in his head from injury 150 years ago. Can pull it out and drag it along the ground to make your skin crawl.

Firey beard changes from blue to red depending on just how intense his bloodlust is at any given moment.

Aside from wood-ification powers, he can also make taxidermy do his bidding. Good thing he wasn't in the Mystery Shack- I would NOT have wanted to see Mabel's displays come to life!

This ghost sure loved to talk! Mainly about his backstory with the Northwests and how they deserved to be haunted.

-----

Except for Preston. The only thing stranger than meeting this ghost was discovering that Preston has some good inside. Sure, he's spoiled, and mean, and makes this weird face when he's annoyed, but he ended up saving me and half the town. I guess despite all his mom's attempts to make him awful, there's hope for him after all. (She rings a bell to call him like a butler and punishes him with groundings and credit card cutoffs when he disobeys.)

He also looks kind of okay in a suit, I guess. And he does smell really nice....

No. I'm not getting another crush on a straight boy. Dan reminded me when I don't have crushes in the first place.

The important thing is that Preston discovered the Lumberghost's

WEAKNESS:

Trapping him in a silver mirror is only a temporary solution! Only a blood relative of the cursed family can defeat the spector by making amends for the family's past crimes. Preston showed real bravery, man.... Still getting over!

*UPDATE: Crazy thought, but I just noticed that this picture from Dan's house looks a strange amount like the ghost.

Could this spirit have been a Corduroy...?