Pages 105+106

TROUBLE IN THE BUNKER

One night while working late, C came to me in a panic. She was coughing a lot, said she had a sore throat, and asked if she could look in my journal for a remedy. Her throat really did sound awful, but I told her to simply have one of the cough drops in the first aid cabinet. She grew increasingly insistent that only the journal had the answer.

Finally I relented, and went to my bunk to find the journal. As I was unlocking the door, I heard what sounded like muffled screaming coming from a cabinet. I opened it up, and was shocked to discover C- my fiancée- bound by rope and gagged with a sock!

In an instant, the grim horror of what had happened came over me. My eyes shot to SHIFTY'S steel cage, which had been busted open. I untied C, who was shaking with terror, and we quickly concocted a plan.

-----

Using some silver spray paint, I drew a crude pine tree on a plumbing manual. I tossed it in one of our cryptic tubes, and then ran back to the surveillance room. The "imposter" C had been waiting impatiently, shaking involuntarily in her chair. I noticed that her "hands" were so strong they had bent the steel in the armrests. I told her that in my carelessness I had left my journal in the cryonics rooms.

DO NOT LET OUT!
EXTREMELY UNPREDICTABLE!

IT'S TOO POWERFUL!

He darted off for the journal, and the instant he stepped inside the cryonics tube, I slammed the red button, trapping him in. HE SCREAMED, and took on a form I'd never seen. He pounded on the glass and froze before my eyes. I felt remorseful for having to freeze C and mines former "child", but even worse that I'd been fooled- and that C had almost paid the price.

IT CAN TRANSFORM!

After this incident, we'd both lost a bit of our momentum on this "storage" concept. We agreed to put this thing behind us, seal off the security measures, and return after the portal was complete. If this creature ever escaped... It's a thought too horrifying for me to imagine! I may rip out these pages to sleep better at night.

IT'S PLAYING TRICKS ON ME!