Pages 207+208

DIPPER'S JOURNAL

M̶y̶ ̶L̶a̶b̶ "THE MYSTERY SHACK"?!

Unbelievable. Once a haven of scientific study, the cabin I built with my grant money has been transformed by Mabel over the years into a hokey freak show that mocks everything about the study of the paranormal!

Sign- Designed to catch attention. Infested with owls and, for some reason, a pig

Golf Cart- Clearly stolen from a nearby Santa's Village.

Tourists- I chose this spot for seclusion, and now there are rhyming signs advertising it for 10 miles up the highway!

Signage- There are legal disclaimers in almost-impossible-to-see fine print painted up and down nearly every entryway. It's a wonder Mabel hasn't been sued yet.

Weather vane- The weather vane makes no sense! W, H, A, and T aren't directions! What does that even mean?!

-----

EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED!

My inventing room? Now a hall of ludicrous taxidermies! I mean, what the heck is a "HAM-PIRE"?!

My thinking parlor? Now a living room tackier than a T.G.I. Apple Rucker's Family Restaurant! My T. rex skull is being used as a coffee table!

HAM-PIRE?!

Even my storage room is now an overpriced "gift shop" more cluttered than our childhood home's basement! And worst of all, Mabel seemed to have mass produced my favorite Pine Tree baseball cap. That was a special gift from our grandpa, and now anyone can buy one!

Walking around my old lab, I feel like a dead man's ghost haunting a strange fun house mirror version of his past life. I resolve to take back my house and rebuild the life that Mabel has taken from me. But I must wait until the summer is over, for the sake of the summertime newcomers I find living and working here. My impressions of them are as follows.