Pages 215+216

DIPPER'S JOURNAL

Stanford Pines

Twins run in the family! Although unfortunately that is the only family resemblance I see in this overly-eager, usually sweaty 1̶0̶-̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ 13-year old. Every time I make direct eye contact with this fretful child, he started gagging like he was going to throw up, and when I tested his heart rate for side effects of dimension fever, I found it going a mile a moment. The only thing I could glean from his stammering was that, shockingly, HE was the one to find Journal 3's hiding place in the forest! (I'm not sure how accessing my journal was even possible. The only explanation is that the circuitry must have become unstable over time and perhaps water damage loosened the machinery.)

-----

Although I'm grateful to have my journal back, a quick look through reveals that he has been scribbling over my work with his own notations. (Although thankfully what looks like the start of a diary entry was moved to his own journal.)

Observations:

1) Constantly sweating. Perhaps he takes after me?

2) Fidgeting suggests he may still be recovering from shock of portal contact.

3) Very thin limbs. Almost noodle-y. Were his bones weakened by exposure to portal radiation?

4) Rank odor. Clearly hasn't bathed recently. Mabel should never be put in charge of children!

5) Polydactyly! He has six fingers on each hand, and squeaked when I said how amazing that was. The six fingers... this is more than a coincidence. The sense of déjà vu I get looking at these symbols is overwhelming.

The cave writing I saw many years ago said that these symbols (and others) had the power to bring about great change- but so many prophecies and legends turned out to be Bill's lies. Could this just be another one of Bill's tricks? How well did the ancient people of Gravity Falls truly understand Bill's power? And what are the odds that this randomly assorted group could have anything to do with my destiny?

I must not give this too much thought. The time for ancient superstition is past. I must focus on scientific ways to address the troubles I fear are coming....

.....

FORD'S JOURNAL

Today was amazing! Great Uncle Dipper was testing everyone for effects of the portal- including me! A whole hour of attention from the Author!

...I'm starting to sound a lot like a fanboy, aren't I?

I think I might have messed it up, anyway. Every time he looked at me I just started gagging. Ugh, stupid! I tried to slow my heart rate when he measured it, but I think it just sped up more. I couldn't help it- I just couldn't stay still!

-----

One more good thing. After he saw my polydactyly, he said that it was actually really cool! I couldn't even manage any words- I just let out a really unmanly squeak.

But the Author actually likes my six fingers! I can't believe it! I don't think I could ever feel bad about them again knowing that.