Pages 265+266

FORD'S JOURNAL

Dipper's been working at it the hardest. Seeing Mabel's memory erased is the only time any of us have ever seen Dipper cry. There have been several nights we've found that Dipper has fallen asleep on the couch next to Mabel, exhausted from a marathon of describing their childhoods together- and from apologizing for his mistakes.

Dipper even found an old film reel of them as kids, which he amazingly saved all these years. There are clips of them playing on the beach, goofing around at the dinner table and at home, and dressing as explorers to try and find Mabel's "merman boyfriend." There was also a reel that documented Dipper's transition to a boy.

Dipper + Mabel are downstairs in the living room watching the home movies right now. As much as we want to watch too, we think this is something they should do on their own. They've earned it.

-----

August 27,

I'll admit, I've been geeking out hard-core the last couple of days over having all 3 journals in my possession. Not only did defeating Bill fix the journals, but it turns out that it also restored pages that had long since been burned or ripped out. There's countless pages in them that I never saw before, things I would have killed to know earlier in the summer. The journals even SMELL better. (Slightly less like millipedes!)

Part of me wants to keep the journals forever, but I know I've got to tell Dipper about them. They belong to him. I'm thinking of giving them to him as a birthday gift.

Besides, there's no way I could forget the strange creatures and events he's written about in them. His journal was my guide to someone else's adventure- and besides, I've already got my own journal.

I told Dipper I wouldn't be taking his apprenticeship, and he completely understood. Apparently he's thinking of asking someone else to be his new partner in crime. (And I think we both know someone who's great at crime.)

I'll never forget the most amazing summer of my life or the family and friends who made it that way- and I'll never forget the book that first opened my eyes to the mysteries of the universe.

This is Stanford Pines, signing off for the final time while in Gravity Falls. The next time I write, I'm sure to be back in New Jersey.