Pages 27+28

In researching the town lore, I have found quite a few bizarre laws and customs passed down from the founders' days. For example, an old law forbids a horse from holding office "until is is of legal age." (To do what?) There are also 40 different laws involving when, where, and how to properly count a woodpecker for "marriage." (Don't ask.) Most of these absurd laws are attributed to "town founder" General Nathaniel Northwest, a man whose only battle skills appear to have been wearing a jacket with fringes and posing for daguerreotypes.

Due to this legend, Nathaniel's decendants (including current patriarch Auldman Northwest) have enormous power in this town, owning everything from Northwest Reality to Northwest Mud Flaps to Northwest Weather Vanes (weather vanes that often seem to unfairly favor the directions north and west).

It would seem that their power is unquestionable. However, a new piece of evidence throws the whole history of the Northwest family into an entirely different light!

-----

In my investigations, I recently made a discovery. Nathaniel Northwest may not be the founder of Gravity Falls! Imagine- his entire family legacy a fraud!
I believe the proof of this secret is buried somewhere in the enclosed document. If ONLY I could crack the code...

Hey, it wasn't THAT hard! You just needed to think outside the box and make it into a hat!

Time to up your game, Author!

Love, Bell@