Pages 239+240

DIPPER'S JOURNAL

The Oracle

I was suddenly sucked out of the 2-D dimension, and I blacked out. When I awoke, I found myself in a strange mountaintop shrine surrounded by clouds, looking up at a 7-eyed creature, Jheselbraum the Unswerving.

She told me I was in Dimension 52, and that she had been treating my wounds for a long time. Strangely, she seemed to already know my name and what my mission was.

-----

DIMENSION 52

Whether she was psychic or had just read my wanted poster is hard to say. But she had some stunning insight about Bill. She said that if I truly wanted to face him again, I would have to protect my mind- and that she could help me, but it would require putting a metal plate in my head with difficult surgery. Maybe it was the thin mountain air, but I agreed instantly.

For a week, as I recovered, we had many long conversations about Bill. Apparently, his thirst for power caused him to destroy his home dimension- including his parents and everyone else he'd ever known. She spoke of him without anger, but with a calm, steely, clinical resolve to see his reign of terror end. She looked deep into my eyes and said that I had the face of a man who was destined to destroy Bill. I was so excited that we spent the entire night partying and drinking Cosmic Sand- the very same kind Time Baby himself consumes. When I awoke the next morning, she was gone and I was in another dimension entirely. It was time to continue my quest.

I sometimes wonder where she is now & how she knew so much about me....