Pages 257+258

DIPPER'S JOURNAL

Shukdsv wkh vkls zdv rq d plvvrlq wr fdwdorj vwudqjh elrorjlfdo vshflphqv. Frxog wkh kljk yroxph ri zhlugqhvv rq erdug kdyh gudzq wkh vkls wr JI?

The enormous scale of the entire interior would be impossible to capture on these pages. But here are a few of the more intriguing aspects of the ship...

In my long, dimension-hopping life, I've only encountered one creature that fits this skeleton shape: the Pan-Dimensional Beings of Trilazzxx Beta. Since they exist in 7 to 11 dimensions at once, they have a horrible sense of direction. No wonder the ship crashed.

A ship this big has not only climate control, but also actual full-blown weather. I spotted levers for sunshine, rain and even snow.

Not sure what the tornado button is for.... Maybe a quick way to wipe out the crew in case of a mutiny?

WEATHER CONTROLS

-----

Having an alien ship under the town has caused many odd disturbances. Stoplights that don't work properly. Electrical interference. Sick livestock. And occasional stories of vehicles being magnetically hurled off roads.

A heavily guarded biological containment center apparently once houses eggs and larvae of other species discovered on alien worlds. Although judging by the claw marks and shattered glass, it seemed likely something escaped. S̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶e̶d̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶i̶a̶r̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶.̶.̶.̶.̶

Of course, I doubt that I will have time to show any of this to Stanford on his first trip to CSO. We'll need to retrieve Alien Adhesive, and I'm thinking of discussing my apprenticeship offer with him this afternoon. If luck is with us, the security system is still defunct....

SUBATOMIC FUSION PULSE LASER