Pages 81+82

What a pleasure it was to share one of my greatest discoveries with another brilliant mind! As we journeyed through wreckage, I could see C filled with the very same awe I felt when I first came upon the site.

I will say that I am cautious to record too much about the CSO here. If the wrong people discovered what is buried, it could be catastrophic.

The last thing I want is a "Close Encounter" with the government!

Fortunately, with C's mechanical know-how and my keen intuition, we were able at last to locate and extract

The Hyperdrive

We recovered the drive and stored it snugly in C's backpack. What a good feeling it was to complete our mission! Very soon both our scientific ambitions will be fulfilled. My Muse was right. Sometimes all genius needs is a little help from a friend.

-----

A New Path

Emboldened by our success, we tromped down a shortcut through the mountain, talking excitedly about the future. Winding through the cliffs, we passed a skeleton of a massive species of pterosaur, bigger than anything known to science. Stranger still, the bones appeared to not be fossilized. C was amazed by its massive jaws. I am constantly reminded of my love of her childlike awe.

We were about to continue down the mountain when I saw one of the most rare beasts in Gravity Falls- and, just my luck, it was fast asleep in our path!

C begged for me not to disturb it, but I knew from experience that they are incredibly heavy sleepers. In theory, even a novice could capture and cage one without it ever awakening from its hibernation. I couldn't miss the chance to creep up and do a detailed sketch of...