Pages 67+68

EXPEDITION!

Today C came to me in a panic! She was wringing her hands excessively, a trait she does when agitated or nervous. She said that powering my portal design would require a Temporal Displacement Hyperdrive, and that by her calculations humanity wouldn't be able to invent one of those for another ten thousand years!

Imagine her surprise when I told her I knew just where we could get such a device! I decided it was time to tell her about Crash Site Omega. I sat her down, told her her entire life was about to change, and delivered the news.

C's reaction did not disappoint! She was in such shock that she nearly swallowed her gum! (Luckily she didn't, though. She was able to cough it up.)

When she finished wrapping her mind around the concept and pacing the length of the lab, she became very excited. Apparently, she's had an interest in this subject ever since she was little. Sightings were apparently rather frequent in this town.

So, it's settled! We've decided to take a two-day hike up to the entrance of CSO to unearth the Hyperdrive and use it to power our portal. I've already begun packing for the trip!

-----

MAGNET GUN

Modified from tech previously found at CSO. Will be necessary to scramble security. Must be careful not to point at the sky- don't want another downed helicopter incident....

COMPASS

Pioneers thought Gravity Falls was haunted because their compasses went haywire the moment they entered the valley. I know better. Every compass in a one hundred-mile radius points to the crash site. Once it spins wildly, you've reached the epicenter.

RADIATION GLOVES

Wouldn't want to accidentally touch some sort of cosmic waste!

TRAIL MIX

Must have a snack to each while hiking! Trail mix is a delicious classic! T̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶n̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶E̶a̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶i̶n̶k̶l̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶o̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶s̶u̶g̶a̶r̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶.̶

SURVIVAL

We will be venturing into some dangerous parts of the Uncharted Forest. Brought curses and spells if need for them arises.