Pages 95+96

A New Concern

This morning over ham sandwiches, my fiancée brought up a troubling subject. Supposing we are indeed successful in opening the portal to the source of Gravity Falls' weirdness- what if any more weirdness leaks into our dimension? Or, more tantalizingly, what if we're able to capture some new and rare creatures from this unimaginable alternate universe?

In the event of such a development, we will need somewhere to store and study these dangerous specimens where they can't endanger the townsfolk or interfere with our work. C has proposed that we build an additional underground laboratory, one designed with the utmost precautions in paranormal security. An impermeable bunker where we can contain and observe these specimens away from our home base and the possibilities of being witnessed by the townsfolk.

As much as I hate to delay construction of the portal, C is right. We will begin building this containment unit at once.

-----

We found a location for our hidden storage bunker! Deep in the forests behind our cabin, there are trees so massive and powerful that many of them have stood for hundreds (if not thousands) of years. C discovered that one of them has a hollowed-out trunk, making it the perfect entrance for our secret hideout. I'll admit that this project has sidetracked us a bit, but is there a scientist alive who could resist the lure of building a secret lair?

HIDING SPOT?

The excavation was difficult, but C insisted that she could do it on her own (although I could have sworn I saw some lumberjacks helping her with the labor). When I questioned the lumberjacks about our secret project, however, they seemed to have forgotten the whole thing, so it must have been a figment of my overworked imagination. This hidden bunker will be the perfect place to store any specimen too dangerous for the outside world (and to maybe play some D&D& More D, if time permits).

With an internal system of rotating hydraulics (controlled by an access panel hidden beneath the bark), we created a hidden entrance.

I̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶i̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶e̶a̶m̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶d̶v̶e̶n̶t̶u̶r̶e̶r̶s̶.̶