Pages 147+148

I heard the creature again. It was much closer.

"Do blue-eyed people see better?"

What was that supposed to mean? Was he taunting me? Could he somehow see in the dark? I crawling blindly towards the voice, dropping more bread crumbs as I went.

As I came around the corner, I could see the shape of the disembodied wax head of the Suspenders Man.

-----

I was unprepared for what came next. As I swiped at it with my net, the head somehow jumped out of the way. I fell forward and landed hard on my elbow. The head mocked me: "There's nothing funny about the funny bone." I swiped at it again, but it came rolling at me like a bowling ball and knocked the net out of my hands. I got tangled up in my rope and covered in peanut butter from my sandwich and ended up stuck in the bottom of a narrow duct. From above me, I heard, "Have a great week everybody! Good night!" And then the victorious head hopped away. It took me several hours to untangle myself and crawl back out into the living room.

I'm going to sleep right here in Graunty Mabel's chair.

STUCK!

June 10,

It's 10 AM and I've been woken up by the joyful conversation between Stan, Bella, and the disembodied head. Apparently, the way to tame the thing is to let it interview you.

I'm going to go shower and wash off all this peanut butter. I could use an off-day from all these paranormal creeps....