Pages 73+74

Secret Tunnel

BEHIND TREMBLEY FALLS

CAVE HAND PRINT

We passed through the secret pass in the lake, a hidden tunnel behind Trembley Falls, and arrived right in the center of the mountain. The townsfolk seem wholly unaware of this system of ancient tunnels and caves, which appears to have been dug by a native populace before recorded history. (Who or what they were hiding from remains a mystery, although their cave paintings may provide answers.)

Several hours of tunneling deep through the mountain and disaster struck: our lantern went out! I knew we should have brought flashlights, but in my foolish nostalgia, I brought this worthless Civil War-era piece of junk. Worst of all, we were in complete blackness and I couldn't restart it! (Leave it to me to bring a magnet gun but no matches.)

As my girlfriend and I were arguing about what to do, we discovered that a strange LIVING mineral was watching us with GLOWING eyes. Several more pairs of glowing eyes appeared in the dark...

CAVE PAINTINGS

If these drawings are to be believed, the beasts that roamed ancient Gravity Falls were even stranger than the ones we see today!

-----

I believe we have discovered an entirely NEW classification of organism!

GEODITES

These creatures resemble a living geodes. They make high-pitched chirping and humming sounds, and amble about on clinking crystal legs.

When I picked one up, it sang a baby-pitched little song, attracting several more of these creatures, who began inexplicably dancing around.

Because they gave off a faint glow, I suggested to C that we try to gather them in a pile and use their light to lead us out of the tunnel. She had a better idea: she picked up two of them and banged them together, creating a spark that reignited our lantern. They all shrieked at the sight of the fire and scampered away. One bit my finger and drew blood!

Luckily, this spark was all we needed to leave this bizarre cavern and continue on our way...