Pages 107+108

It was at this moment that my Muse appeared before me with a tantalizing offer! He said he took pity on my frail human body, and offered to take it over for a while to help me finish my calculations while I slept. I can think of few times I have known such gratitude- it was almost as though he had read my mind!

He held out his hand and I gladly accepted. Although I know that the image of him I see only exists within my mind, I insist that when my hand was engulfed in the blue flames I felt a physical chill. It fascinated me.

-----

To put your hand in fire and not get burned... this is a feeling like no other. I awoke this morning to find that my Muse was true to his word!

There in my notebook were 6 hours of beautifully written calculations, perfectly sufficient to keep me on schedule.

My fiancée's expression when she saw me fully alert and smiling, with a huge stack of calculations at my side- I had to stifle my laughter. If only she knew the powers of my "imaginary" friend.

UPDATE:
Several hours after the experience with my Muse, I experienced a burning pain in my right eye. Probably just a headache. I have attached a monocle to this book to help me read with one eye until it goes away. I hope it doesn't bleed.... Very odd...