Pages 129+130

Hiding Places

The time for half-measures is over. If I am over going to continue my work, then my enemy must be confronted and defeated forever! I must begin a several-day journey to the accursed caves that brought him into my life. If there is a way to defeat him, I will find it there.

But before I can begin this odyssey, I need to dispose of my journals. They're too valuable to destroy, but the information contained inside is too dangerous, and I shudder to think what might happen if they were to fall into the wrong hands....

-----

I've already hidden Journal 2 near the elementary school. I doubt there is any child clever or conniving enough to discover it. I have another place in the woods picked out for this volume, but I've had a heck of a time figuring out where to hide Journal 1. I realized that it should be taken as far away from Gravity Falls as possible. Ideally I would take it myself, but I need to make this trip to the caves. The first snow has already fallen, and the journey will only get more treacherous the longer I delay. My former fiancée refuses to speak to me, so I cannot enlist her help.

Ironically, the only other person left that I can trust is the least trustworthy person I know. She is a thief and a charlatan- but a well-traveled one. I have no doubt that she is familiar with mob hangouts and back alleys the wide world over. She will find somewhere to hide Journal 1. I have sent word to her and now must await her arrival.

Perhaps she can yet prove her worth to me.

Perhaps the mistakes of the past can be undone.

There's nothing I can do now but wait.