Pages 91+92

I told the psychic to skip the rhymes and get to the palm reading. I already felt uncomfortable enough, and was looking forward to getting out of there. With a sigh, he got to it.

Trigger Fingers- He said I need to think before I shoot.

Short Relationships- He said, "No one wants to hold a rose with too many thorns." I never understood poetry, to he honest. Besides, I'm engaged. Why would my relationships be short?

Long Wisdom- He claimed I was too smart for my own good. Personally, I took this as a compliment.

A Crossroads- Apparently, I will have to make a choice very soon, and if I choose the wrong one I will never be myself again. (Perfectly sane life advice from a man who lives in a traveling wagon full of severed hands.)

A Broken Life Line- He said that my life line seemed to end abruptly and start again sometime later. Clearly, this is an inexact science.

Soon he was done and I quickly left. He seriously creeped me out.

-----

The Carny

As I hurried from the tent, I found my fiancée cheerfully fixing some gears on a broken Ferris wheel and chatting with an odd young carny. Although this seedy character was little more than a teenager, his bald head was covered with strange tattoos, bearing a striking resemblance to the defunct scientific field of Phrenology. The young man (NAME TAG: "Ivan Wexler") was in the middle of telling a fretful anecdote. Apparently, the other carnies made fun of him for his head tattoos.

When he told the bullies to stop, they locked him in the "HAUNTED FREAK HOUSE" for an entire night, which had utterly terrified him. He lost sleep for weeks and wished he could forget the whole thing. C whispered something to the man and handed him a piece of paper with a symbol on it, which I didn't get a good look st. Perhaps I should have inquired, but I was in no mood to spend another second at this ridiculous Fair. I took one last look down at my hand and was strangely relieved to find that the palm reader's ring was still bkue. I shoved it in my pocket, collected C, and tried to put the whole experience out of my mind.