[Free!] Makoto x Reader

*silent anime tears* *stands with arms crossed over chest* I'm not crying. YOU are!

Mention of bullying // trigger warning needed

Dive In

You walk down the hallway, keeping your head down. Being an easy target wasn't so bad.

"Loser!" Someone shouts at you

You cringe as someone throws a barely empty soda can at your head. You pick up your pace, shuffling down the hallway a bit faster then normal.

"Hey! Get back here, freak!" Someone else shouts to you

You choose to ignore that one. You stop by your locker, shoving your books into it speedily. Good thing it was the end of the day! You whip your backpack out, someone shuts your locker on you, just to be a nuisance. You sigh quietly, mentally thanking whatever higher power let you avoid getting your face stuck in a locker again, because that was absolute hell.

You make your way out of Iwatobi, occasionally getting shoved by someone or cursed at. No one really liked you because they didn't seem to understand you. But as cliché as that sounded, that's what kept you going.

You end up getting tripped in the middle of the hallway. You fall, painfully. People continue walking past you as you push yourself off the ground, sitting upright. A hand is suddenly extended out to you, and you instinctively flinch.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." A boy around your age insists

You hesitantly look up at him, your e/c eyes meeting his deep green ones. You take his hand, letting him help you up to your feet. He even helps you dust some of the dust off of your jeans.

"Thank you.. Err.." You trail off

"Makoto." He adds

"Ah, I'm F/n." You introduce yourself "Thank you Makoto."

He smiles kindly at you.

"You should really be more careful." He suggests

"Yeah, I guess so." You agree

"Hey, I was just heading to the swim club. Would you like to come?"

"There's a swim club?" You ask

"Yes, actually." He replies cheerfully

"Alright." You nod

You allow him to take your hand. You walk through the hallways, feeling comfort in the fact that no one was cursing at you or throwing stuff at you. You felt.. safe. Makoto brings you outside and up to a deck, where some other boys and a girl were standing.

"Makoto? You're late!" The girl says

"Who's that Makoto?" A smol blonde asks

"Ah, this is F/n."

"F/n this Gou, Nagisa, Rei-"

Someone pops out of the water.

"And that's Haruka."

Everyone greets you in their own little way.