[Overwatch] Junkrat x Reader *SOULMATE AU* (Part 2)

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

You sit beside the fire, sipping some of the alcohol in your hand. You pass it off to an unmasked Roadhog who also takes a sip. Junkrat taps his chin in sync with his foot. He snaps his fingers as a bright smile appears on his face. Roadhog hands him the bottle.

"I got one!" He says, smiling

"Let's hear it." You reply, nodding to him

"What about, a guy gets split in half by an axe, right?" He says

"Yeah..?" You say, furrowing your brows

"How about the killer says something about the splitting decision he'd made." He nudges you "Eh? Eh?"

You snort at the joke as you cover your mouth. The cringe of the joke sets in causing you to take a deep breath. Junkrat sips the alcohol before passing it to you.

"How about, just hear me out, a suit walks in the bar with a pet fish. What's the catch?" You ask before quickly answering "It certainly isn't the fish."

Junkrat coughs from his wheezing laughter. Roadhog pats his back as you just watch, taking a sip. You then pass it to Roadhog, who doesn't even need to look at you when he takes it.

"Sounds fishy." Junkrat adds after he was done with fit

You chuckle as Roadhog looks between you both in the light of the dying fire. Mentally putting two and two together, he smiles. You glance over at him and tilt your head, furrowing your brows.

"What's got you all smiley?" You ask, before sitting up to answer your own question "It's the alcohol isn't it?"

Roadhog drops his smile and grunts in reply. His eyes go back to the fire in front of him as he takes a sip, passing the bottle to Junkrat. 

"Now, how about-Stay with me on this-What if, we all stayed together, yaknow, as a trio. We could be.. like.. a band or somethin'." He says

Junkrat is nudging towards you as he passes you the bottle. You finally notice that it's nearly empty as you spin it around in the bottle. You stare at it for a moment, looking at his hope-filled emerald eyes.

"Okay, how about-Just bear with me on this one-We stop passing you the alcohol." You say, gesturing to him with the bottle

"Fair enough, fair enough." Junkrat backs off a bit

The boy taps his fingers on his knee, tapping his foot on the ground impatiently. He perks up and looks back over to you as you set the now empty bottle beside you.

"Oi... Oi just thought that we could.. yaknow.. be good friends.. be a family.. or somethin.. just the three of us. Roadie and I.. we could use the addition.. it um.. gets a bit.."

"Junkrat," You say, causing the boy to stop in his tracks

He looks at you for seconds at a time, occasionally glancing down at the ground. Roadhog watches you as well, twddling his thumbs in his seat. You take the last full bottle and pop it open with your finger, filling the silence. You take a sip of it before passing it on to Roadhog continuing the circle.

"Oi appreciate the offer but I'm a Drifta, Junkrat. Driftas and Junkies can't mix kinda like water an' oil. Especially if its an Omega, or an Alpha, or whatever the hell it is that you outsiders call us." You begin, softly "I've been on my own for so long, I can't just up and migrate into some group. That would make me look bad.. make me look weak. It'd take ages for me to evolve and you'd probably give up on me. Trust me, tried it once, it did not work out."

You straighten up as the bottle is passed back to you, shifting in your seat.

"We're just contacts, that's all we are. That's all i'm concerned about, that's all i'm interested in being." You speak bluntly "You have your end of the deal. We break in, split the money, and part ways."