[Ed Edd n' Eddy] Kevin x Reader (Song Fic) (Part 2)

You'd landed yourself in the hospital for what was declared a month or so, meaning you would miss the talent show. Or so the girls thought.

Edd looks down at the index card in his hand, scanning it for a moment. He honestly looked surprised. He tugs at the collar of his shirt. 

"Next up is F/n L/n of the 7th grade."

The 7th grade girls are shocked, after all the work they did to keep you from going on, you somehow do it anyway!? The some kids in the audience clap politely while the other kids just look at each other in surprise. You shuffle out onto the stage using your crutches. You listen patiently as the noise died down. At this moment, nervous wasn't even close to describing how you felt. You tug at your shirt collar and look around, despite the spot lights in your face you could tell they were all staring at you closely. Finally, the music starts up behind you on the speakers. You swallow your anxiety and put the microphone up to your lips, closing your eyes.

"Let's run away, from these lies
Back to yesterday
Safe tonight"

You look around quickly for a moment, not knowing what to feel. Nazz glances over at Kevin who was snoozing. He shakes him awake and points up at you on the stage.

"Whoa." Kevin replies in awe

"I feel the sun creepin' up like tick tock
I'll try to keep you in my head, but if not
We'll just keep running from tomorrow
With our lips locked
Yeah, you've got me begging, begging"

So far so good, right? Wrong. The three girls dressed in shiny black dresses backstage are fuming. 

"Baby please don't go
If I wake up tomorrow, will you still be here
I don't know, if you feel the way I do
If you leave I'm going to find you"

You look around dramatically before pounding your chest with your fist a couple times, pointing out at the crowd. Your crutches drop and you let your foot down. A smile comes up to your face as you turn, holding the microphone with two hands.

"Baby please don't go, go, go, go
Baby please don't go, go, go, go
Baby please don't, baby please don't"

You start taking a step back each time you sing 'go' only to turn and go the other way each time you sing it over.

"Could be better." Marie mutters

The girl crosses his arms over his chest with a quiet 'humph' as the girls roll their eyes.

"Baby please don't run away from my bed
Start another day stay instead"

"Woah!" Sarah comments

"It's the voice of an angel!" Jimmy exclaims

You blush lightly upon hearing that comment. 

"I feel the sun creepin' up like tick tock
I'll try to keep you in my head but if not
We'll just keep running from tomorrow
With our lips locked
Yeah, you've got me begging, begging
Baby please don't go
If I wake up tomorrow, will you still be here
I don't know, if you feel the way I do
If you leave I'm going to find you"

You look around dramatically before pounding your chest with your fist a couple times, pointing out at the crowd.

"Baby please don't go, go, go, go
Baby please don't go, go, go, go
Baby please don't, baby please don't, baby please don't"