[Overwatch] Soldier 76 x Reader *SOULMATE AU* (Part 1)

|♡| Soulmate au |♡|

Decency

Soul marks, while it was an indescribably private thing for most people, it was a big one for others, your family more specifically. You can recall the time your cousin Tomo had gotten hers. You recall the grand party that was immediately thrown on such short notice.

You awake just as quietly as you'd fallen asleep. Rubbing your eyes and sitting up you stretch. For an unknown reason you glance down at your arm, eyes widening in surprise once you saw it.

Jackson Morrison

"Jackson-san?" You read aloud

You rub your finger over the name marked in a neat print on your wrist. You jump up out of bed and run out onto the porch decorated in cherry blossoms where you knew full well that your family would be there.

"Nana-san! Papa-san!" You shout

Your grandfather stands up for m his rocking chair to greet you with a hug. You're clearly ecstatic about something. Could it be that his little granddaughter was growing up?

"What is it?" Your grandfather asks

"I got my soul mark!" You exclaim, jumping up and down

"Eh? That's wonderful!" Your grandmother congratulates you

Your eyes are as wide as a small child's usually are on Christmas morning. You bounce up and down with your dog, Mickey in joy.

"Let's see it then." Your grandpa suggests

You turn to them, extending your arm out right side up for them to see. Your grandma puts on her reading glasses and stands up, walking over to you and leaning in close beside your grandpa to read it. You watch as their smiles faulter and they straighten up, looking at each other seriously.

"It couldn't be him could it?" Your Nana whispers

"There are many young and old men named Jack. It doesn't necessarily mean it's him." Your papa replies

"What's wrong?" You ask

You look between the two, shying away from your mark and instead covering it.

"It is time we tell you of a story." Your grandfather states

He places a hardy hand on your shoulder as he speaks. He removes it once you nod in understanding and makes his way over to his rocking chair with you following. You take a seat in front of your elders and listen closely as they begin recounting the tale of a family, one with a long line of military men and women. The long line Jacks, Jaqs, and Jacksons. How one of those men was in a war with your grandfather and how he'd gone under the radar.

You listen closely with wide eyes and a hanging jaw as he recounts the story. While occasionally recieving corrections and input from his soulmate, your grandmother.

You wake up to a smoke filled room to Mickey barking at you. You roll over, coughing and gasping for air with watering eyes. You begin to crawl for the door staying as low as possible. You know, things that they'd taught you to do in primary school. You unlock the door and Mickey bolts out of the room and down the hallway to your grandparents room and you even followed. It was the room a couple doors down the hall from yours, being young and fast on your feet meant it didn't take long for you to enter, opening the door Mickey barked at. You stand up by the bedside and shake the lying figure, yelling for them to get up. The bodies lie there, still and nearly lifeless. You force yourself to stand by their side, despite how weak you were becoming. The flames become visible in the dark and smokey room. It doesn't register until Mickey tugs at the leg of your sweatpants. You weakly check the pulse feeling nothing.