23. Baby Steps [Hyungwon]

A/N: i hope all monsta x members are healthy :(

--

You sprayed the baby breaths with water. Your lips arked into a smile when you saw his dazzling presence. His giraffe legs, his dainty face, his perfectly styled black hair and his scarlet plump lips. In a sense, he was perfection; a living anime. As he pushed the glass door, the bells jiggled. He ambled in with his hands fixing his hair.

"Aigoo. He's changing a flower shop into a runway,"you shook your head from left to right.

Having a good friend who has killer looks and figure annoys you because he's gaining attention just by not doing anything. However, you couldn't even do the same. In high school, he was always surrounded by girls and here you are, surrounded by flowers instead of men. 'How I wish I was good looking and tall,'you thought.

"Yah, why are you spraying my face?"

You clicked your head to your colleague and gasped when her face and fringe was drenched. "Oh wow you're wearing make up? Are you seducing boys?"

"I'm sorry I ain't natural as you,"she scoffed and dabbed her face so a tint of foundation would keep in place. You watched as she froze in place out of the blue and you realised, she was awestrucked by Hyungwon. It wasn't her first time seeing him since he visits you often so you remained a poker face.

"Yah, does he have a girlfriend?"she whispered into your ears.

You folded your arms and patted her head. "My dear friend, he likes girls who look pretty without make up."

In a flash, her smile faded. She growled at you and flipped her hair as she sauntered away from there, her heels echoing in the shop. You chuckled before spinning on your heels to meet Hyungwon.

"Are you finishing early today?"he asked while scrutinizing the vibrant hues of flowers.

"There's not much orders so we'll close by 4pm,"you said and resumed spraying the baby breaths.

Hyungwon nodded and slipped both his hands into his pocket. He then sauntered around the shop while waiting for you. It was mundane for him to visit you despite the both of you are pursuing different careers. A promise which the both of you held on was to never neglect your friendship despite high or low times.

--

Hyungwon brought you to his home after your work. He mentioned that he prepared something for you. Your eyes were now covered with Hyungwon's palm so you depended on him, hoping you wouldn't bump into something dangerous.

"Are we there yet?"you asked as you took baby steps.

"You're so impatient,"retorted Hyungwon. "And we're here. Tadaaa!!"

Hyungwon removed his palm from your eyes. You opened your eyes slowly and saw a dining table set for two. Delectable steaks and grape wine were served alongside a lit scented candle positioned on the middle of the table. You blinked your eyes continously as you scrutinized the event before you.

"You're gonna poison me with your food aren't you? And then you will cut my body and sell it?"you jabbed your finger at the steak.

Hyungwon burnt several dishes during food and consumer lesson back in school. The teacher refused to eat his dish.

"I can cook now okay."