30. Flower Path [Kihyun]

You heaved a sigh of fatigue. As you averted your gaze away from the cashier, your eyes landed onto the boxes piled up near the sliding door. You pinched your nose bridge and sauntered heavily to the boxes. You carried the first box and started organizing the can drinks into different sections.

You lived a challenging life. Your Mum only ran a chicken business to afford necessities for a family of two. Despite you being the only child, your father's death still remained a huge impact in your life. He was the breadwinner of your family but now, your Mum have to take over the role.

Your Mum's chicken business is not very well-known as chicken deliveries are rarely made as you had to take charge of deliveries. However, you had school so you could only deliver during weekends. To make more money, you decided to take part-time jobs everyday after school.

As you were done with the can drinks, you ambled out of the convenience store to take a break. You massaged your shoulders but halted when a familiar person stood before you. He was the rich guy who liked you very much. Until today, you have not responded to his confession as you were unsure of your own feelings and you had bills to take care of so all of you could think of was work.

"You didn't come by the band room so I searched for you,"Kihyun smiled.

He was always by your side. He likes you more than you do and everywhere you go, he'll be there. However, you grew tired of him sometimes. The fact that he was rich and was living such an easy life annoyed you. Everyday after school, Kihyun and you would stay back to compose music and play musical intruments but you stopped meeting him when you got a job.

"Why are you here?"you asked.

"Because I missed you,"he responded.

You heaved a weary sigh."You should go back home."

Kihyun shook his head. "Nope. I'm going to stay here with you."

You massaged your temples and nodded. "Fine, do whatever you like."

You ambled into the convenience store but Kihyun seized your wrist. You turned around to face him.

"Why are you being like this?"he asked with a glint of concern.

You looked down onto your wrist, avoiding eye contact with him. "Do you not know the meaning of personal space? Can't you just leave me alone?"

Upon hearing those throbbing words, he slowly loosened his grip on your wrist. His eyes widened and he stood there motionless, flabbergasted upon your comeback. Before he could even respond, you sauntered away and entered the convenience store, ignoring his presence. From the corner of your eyes, you could see he was still there but soon, he left when you didn't give any attention to him.

He knew the fact you were poor. He knew how you're emotionally weak but always appear strong infront of others. However, you had a mental breakdown. You were reaching the core of your life and thus, you pondered about your adolescent life which gave you very less fond memories.

--

You were done with work and headed home by bus. The neighbourhood lights were very dim but your house shone the most, indicating that your Mum was still awake. As you made your way nearer to your house, you saw a figure wandering infront of the door. You squinted your eyes and realised it was Kihyun.

You clenched your fist as you ambled towards him. You shot a glare at him when he turned to you.

"I told you to leave me alone,"you said sternly with gritted teeth.

Just then, Kihyun extended his hand out and revealed a thick envelope on his hand. "I know you have financial issues so I'm trying to help you,"he said.

You knew what was in that envelope. You chuckled, flabbergasted by how simple-minded he was.

"Why is your life so easy?"you retorted.

Kihyun's arm slided back to his waist and his eyebrows were furrowed. "W-what are you saying?"he stammered as he inched closer to you.

Your eyes never failed to leave his. "Money comes to you in a flash but do you even consider my feelings when you showed me that envelope? My Mum and I worked so hard to live and you can just give me money like that?"

Your pride was hurt. You went through so much effort. You could barely study after work due to fatigueness, you couldn't even hang out with your friends and couldn't help it but distant yourself away from them. You wanted good things to come for you after your hard work, not to receive a tint of sympathy. However, Kihyun lived a good life. He has anything he wants and that annoyed you because he doesn't understand how you feel.

"You're rich so obviously you don't care about how people suffer because everything goes your way,"you added.

"I was just trying to help you. I can't bear to see you work everytime. I want you to be happy,"said Kihyun.

"Kihyun,"you called.

"You confessed to me a long time ago right? I will say my answer now. Leave me alone and I don't want to talk to you anymore,"you blurted out with clenched fist.

Kihyun froze in place. You averted your gaze away from him and entered your house, not even turning back to see him. As soon as you closed the door, tears started to brim in your eyes. Your heart throbbed. You pulled back your hair and leaned your head against the wooden door.

'Did I make the right choice?'you thought.

--

A/N: wow. Just wow. Theres like 3.29k right now and im shook. Uk i seriously didnt expect this imagines to reach 3k so im sincerely thankful for those who took their precious time to read this. U guys are awesome man💗 Part 2 of Flower Path will come soon:)