102. Someone's Someone [Hyungwon]

a/n: this will be a pretty short update :)

--

"Are you on the way here?"

Elbow propped onto the white glass bar table and polished blue nails tapped onto the transparent cold surface rhythmically, you held your phone near to your right ear. Continuous gasps for fresh air lingered on the other side of the phone, letting a chuckle escape your lips.

"So sorry babe. I lost my way to the mall just now. I'm rushing up the escalator,"Hyungwon stride across every step of the escalator when clusters of hand in hand elderly couples with walking sticks, married parents pushing their stroller with a child and maidservant holding onto a wheelchair tightly of the disabled and aged elders crowded outside the lift. It was a weekend so it was usual that the lift would get jammed by flocking passengers.

A small smile curved on your sheer coral lips because you weren't mad at Hyungwon. He was never late when you were involved, constantly on his feet to get to you. "Don't come to me with bruised knees or else I will leave,"you teased. You didn't want him to fall down and break his skinny tall legs.

"Excuse me."

The baritone of his voice reverberated through your bones. Your phone moved away from your ears slightly as you clicked your head up, noticing the small smile playing on his lips and the sear of blush across his cheeks. For a moment, you had forgotten that Hyungwon was still on the line.

Your mouth pursed but slightly opened and loosened. He towered over you. His curls were midnight black, eyes dark brown, cheekbones and jaw prominent and angular, and muscles ripped across every part of his body; he wore over a formal white shirt with the first button loosened, tailored grey trousers accentuating his muscular legs, and brown trench coat which seemed fitting on his bulky arms and broad shoulders.

After a blink, you refocused. "Err yes?"

He took out his phone from the front pocket of his trench coat, aiming it down at you. "I think you're really beautiful and I saw that you were alone so I came to ask for your number."

His courage was dominant and he was not even a single bit unfazed. You glanced over to the blank screen of his phone and chuckled, averting your eyes away afterwards. "You're not my type."

The man snickered and tilted his head, eyebrows furrowed in disbelief that he was rejected without any hesitation. To women out there, he was the epitome of manliness and security but you weren't even pleased. Furthermore, you have Hyungwon. "Wow, you're very upfront. That's interesting because I got rejected for the first time."

"I have a boyfriend,"you pointed out.

"Ahh, he must be big like me."

You grimaced because he was wrong. "Not all women like bulky men,"you shook your index finger at him.

"You heard her."

A voice smooth like butter popped out, Hyungwon stood there towering over the arrogant muscular stranger. He pressed the red button on his phone screen, ending the call you had with him minutes ago. He clearly heard everything from a to z and he hated it. The buff guy scrutinized Hyungwon from head to toe, snickering as he took into inventory your type of guy.

Hyungwon's eyes were always gentle when around you but standing before a man who was going to hit his girlfriend up, he glared intensely. His flower boy beauty possessed the image of a model as his tall lean figure and small head could grace the cover of famous magazines.

"You don't seem to understand language. She says you're not her type so stop flirting,"Hyungwon snarled through gritted teeth and clenched fists. "Geez, out of all the girls here you had to choose my girlfriend." He seized your hand and pulled you towards him, storming off to the escalator traveling down to the second highest level.

Although fires of fury and hatred were smoldering in his narrowed eyes as he ran his free hand through his fluffy hair three times in quick succession, the corner of your lips twitched because despite looking smaller than the stranger you just met, Hyungwon graced a more stronger and protective dominance as compared to him. The grasp on your hand was firm; he didn't want to let go of you to anyone.

Out of the blue, he halted by a clothing store and turned to you with his palm still glued onto yours. You blinked at him and cocked a brow. His body which was rigid with fury loosened up as he locked gazes with you. "You're not going to say anything?"he glowered.

You shrugged your shoulders. "You want me to say oh Hyungwon, you're my shining armour, my hero who sweep me off the ground?"

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, his lower lip jutting out. From deep inside your chest came a great shaking motion and your facial muscles grew tight. You couldn't compose a poker face after seeing how adorable he was after his heroic gesture back there. No longer able to stay straight faced, you laughed like a bust water main arching into the brilliant summer sky, soaking everyone around you with unrestrained gales. Hyungwon arched his eyebrows by your sudden outburst, attracting attention of the customers around.

You released his hand and squashed his puffy cheeks, chuckling by the sight of a goldfish. "You were really adorable back there, Hyungwon-ah. I will always be yours."

Hyungwon held onto both your hands cupped onto his cheeks, pulling them down to embrace your fingers. His thick lips curved into a smile as he pecked a kiss on your knuckles. "We don't have to watch a movie here. We can just do it at my place and cuddle,"he wiggled his eyebrows with a smirk. Your cheeks flushed in red and your heart started hammering against your chest.

You scrunched your nose and shook your head in disbelief. "Heol, sneaky."

Hyungwon winked. "Just for you."

--

a/n: im actually curious though. do u guys prefer guys like hyungwon who is gentle and sweet or someone like wonho and shownu who are muscular and protective?