44. When Night Falls [Minhyuk]

A/N: ik this song is not monsta x related but i want to share one of my favourite ost with you guys. Somehow after listening to this song, i got an idea on how to do this chapter. So here it is:) You might want to play this song for more feels😂

--

|Flashback|

"Do I have any more appointment?"you asked your colleague who was in charge of reception.

She checked the computer and scrolled down the page with her mouse. She bit her lower lip and shook her head when there weren't any appointments made by your patients. You nodded your head in response.

"Let's call it a day,"you said as you took off your white coat and hung it on the wooden coat stand.

You sauntered back to your clinic office and sorted the coloured pens back into the pen holder. Afterwards, you packed your valuables into your sling bag and once done, you hung the strap over your shoulder and switched off the lights with your heels clicking away.

"Have a good rest, Y/N unnie."

You flashed a small smile at Jiho and returned her bow. You waved at her and exited the clinic, opening your transparent umbrella before heading out under the pitter patter of the rain. Wind whipped the frigid drops, sending them hurtling in every direction but straight down.

Taking out your car key, you pressed the button once you've reached the carpark. A beep sound was produced as you did so. Sauntering over to your red Mercedes car, you entered the driver's seat, switched on the engine and buckled your seatbelt. You pushed down the lever slightly, causing the windshield to clear the blurred windscreen.

Adjusting your gear, you stepped onto the accelerator and drove off. Your journey to and fro your clinic was considerably not long. You had to pass by the Han River bridge to cross to the other side. Gazing straight ahead, only half-aware of a world outside the claustrophobic comfort of the car, of your hand stroking the wheel, your eyes caught a frail figure by the Han River bridge.

'What is that person doing there under the rain so late at night?'you thought.

Automatically, you halted the car rather a distance away from him where you were able to scrutinize him. With furrowed eyebrows, you watched his every movement. His eyes were scanning the river below him, heaving a deep sigh as he averted his gaze away.

He was contemplating.

You pulled the lever and grabbed the wet umbrella, opening the door. You sauntered to the figure and once you were near him, you hovered the shelter over him. He blinked as he noticed the droplets of rain was restrained from keeping him wet. He clicked his head to you.

You recognised him. The drenched man before you was Monsta X's Minhyuk. He's widely known for constantly spreading happiness around him. However, the eyes you've met were contrasting the attitude which you have known. His gaze was in an attitude of profound distress beneath a projecting mass of rock.

"What are you doing here all alone under the rain?"

He blinked. The thick silence engulfed you. You cleared your throat and kept your composure. "It's cold out here. Do you want to go inside my car? I'll send you home."

His eyes became glazed with a glassy layer of tears. He bit his lower lip, resisting the hidden sound from within him. As a psychologist, you noticed every small details on his face. Ever since then, you knew he was in need of help.