32. Blind [Hyungwon]

You seized the familiar bony wrist, making your way down the stairs with his help. Your feet slipped off a step and caused you to lose composure but he caught you just in time. You heard him gasped.

"Careful Y/N,"he said concernly.

You rubbed your nape sheepishly and grabbed his wrist tighter. He was your very own true friend. His name was Hyungwon, same age and class as you. You depended on him a lot even though you didn't know how he looks like. You are blind.

Your lost your vision when you were 10 years old due to a fire spark entering your eyes during an accident. Since then, your life wasn't good. You almost lose hope. You thought that being blind would bring you nowhere. However, your life started anew when you enrolled into high school at 15 years old.

Hyungwon was the main source of how you turned into a new leaf. He was the president of your class. On your first day of school, he was tasked to help you out. He even recommended to change seats so he could sit beside you. He wrote for you notes and recorded it so you could revise, fed you food, accompanied you wherever you go and from then onwards, the both of you became close friends. You knew he was a nice person.

It was lunch break so you and Hyungwon headed to the cafeteria. When the both of you arrived, it was a daily routine for Hyungwon to make you sit at vacant table and then he would take food for you. You were unsure if he took food for himself since he always fed you. You tapped your fingers on the table while waiting for him. After quite some time, you curved into a smile when you heard Hyungwon's voice.

"Here's your food,"he said as he placed down which was preferably the food tray.

"Did you get food for yourself?"you asked him.

"Yea I did. Open your mouth,"he responded.

You did as told and leaned your body closer to eat the food scooped by Hyungwon. Once you felt a cold metallic surface on your lip, that's when you knew where the food was. As you chewed on it, you heard a heavy sigh from Hyungwon.

"What's wrong?"you asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I can't believe we're graduating soon,"he replied while wiping the corner of your lip.

"Isn't that good?"you chuckled and was fed once again.

"But what about you? Can you survive without me and remember the girl that I talked about to you? I don't think I can see her again because I heard she's not attending the graduation night this Friday,"he added.

Hyungwon has a massive crush on this girl but he barely knows her name and class because he was too afraid to confront her. He liked her for four years and the both of you made a nickname for her called the BG, meaning beautiful girl.

"And you're not coming as well,"he said.

You could sense he was frowning. You decided not to attend it because you felt that it would be of no use because you couldn't see your friends, Hyungwon and your school on your final day.

"Who might knows she'll be there?"you questioned him and continued eating.

"By the way, you haven't told me exactly how she looks like. You only complimented her personality,"you said.

"But it's not like you can see her. Do you really wanna know?"he asked.

You nodded your head vigorously.

"Well, she has really big and cute eyes. She has a heart-shaped lip and contoured nose. Her face is kind of small. Her hair is long and wavy,"explained Hyungwon.

"Isn't she perfect?"you pouted, envious of how beautiful her facial traits are.

"Well not really. Stop talking while eating,"hissed Hyungwon as he flicked your forehead.

You screamed in pain and rubbed your forehead in circles. You pouted and continued eating anyway.

--

Hyungwon sent you home as usual. You lied on bed and started imagining how it'll be like if you knew how Hyungwoon looked and how beautiful his crush is going to be.

Almost everyone knew you were good friends with Hyungwon and many commented on how gorgeous he was. From what you heard, he was tall, slim like a model, has a small contoured face, large owl-like eyes and thick scarlet lip.

Since you were blind, you couldn't guarantee. Most of the girls and Hyungwon's usual clique would question you on your impression on Hyungwon and whether you developed any feelings for him.

You didn't want to lie. You actually felt weird around him. He changed your life which left a good impression in you. He was nice and took really good care of you and the fact that students called him good-looking was a bonus but it felt like the both of you were just at the surface of being close friends.

You were a little bit sad when he mentioned of his crush but you didn't want your feelings to destroy the friendship you had with him so you slowly accepted that he might not be the right guy for you. Your world of thoughts got interrupted when you heard a knock on the door.

You heard footsteps coming towards you and a heavy weight landed onto your bed. You knew it was your Mum so you jolted up from bed and crossed your legs.

"Did I disturb you?"you heard her ask.

You shook your head in denial and smiled. "Not really. What is it?"

To your astonishment, you felt a warm embrace on your hands. You smiled and caressed her wrinkly yet soft fingers.

"You're going to get your vision back,"she said.

Your eyes widened like an owl and your jaw dropped to the ground. "W-what?"you stammered.

"Appa and I worked really hard so you could get an eye surgery. We felt really bad because we affected your happiness after the accident,"explained Eomma.

You couldn't help but to pout. You didn't want to be a nuisance for your parents.

"The surgery date hasn't been set because I'm sure you need time to prepare yourself,"she added.

"Eomma,"you called.

You inhaled a deep breath and took the courage to say after much reluctance."Let's do it tomorrow after school."

You heard her gasp. "Are you sure?"she asked worriedly.

You nodded your head vigorously. "I want to see you, Appa and Hyungwon. That's my only wish."

You felt her palm on your left cheek. You heard her sniff and you knew she was crying.

"Eomma, I'm sorry for troubling you and Appa."

She wrapped her arms around your petite body.

"No no. Appa and I have never thought that way,"she denied while caressing your velvety hair.

You smiled and rested your chin on her shoulder. You felt safe in her arms. You wanted to see the world again. You wanted to help your parents out and be a filial daughter and most of all, you want to see your close friend, Hyungwon.

--

A/N: I am eggcited for part 2:)