16. Honestly [Wonho]

A/N: MONSTA X COMEBACK ER MAH GAWD. IM NOT PREPARED. MONSTA X, PLEASE SHINE FOREVER

--

You were on cloud nine. You were dressed perfectly to meet Wonho, your boyfriend. It has been awhile since you met him. Both of you were focused on career individually. Wonho is now a famous composer who composes for popular artists and you're an announcer for daily news. You do listen to Wonho's songs. It had a very deep meaning folded behind the words.

You swung your legs at the pier with the glistening water behold you. You glanced over to your wristwatch, fatigued from the long wait.

"Hey, sorry I'm late."

You clicked your head up with your lips parted abit. Wonho has changed. He was even more good-looking and his figure was more buff. He looked manly. You gave him a reassured smile.

"It's okay,"you said.

You bit your lip and fiddled with your polished glossy nails.

"I loved you more than anyone else in the world and you know, you were the most beautiful girl in the world,"blurted Wonho out of the blue.

A smile crept across his face when he said that. Your heart fluttered, hearing those words that could melt any girl out there.

"But,"Wonho added. His smile faded and his eyes were glued onto his lap.

You didn't know why but your heart throbbed seeing the drastic change in his expression. Doubts were flooding in your mind. 'Why does he look so troubled? Is there something wrong?'you thought. Wonho turned his body towards you and his hands were grasped firmly. You knew it wouldn't be a good thing.

"Don't be surprised, I'm gonna make you cry,"he said after much reluctance.

You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Is there something wrong?"you asked with a glint of concern.

"I thought about this for a very long time so please keep your questions aside once I'm done,"Wonho responded.

You tucked the strands of hair behind your ear and nodded. You didn't want to hear what he was going to say because there was a possibility it might hurt your feelings but at the same time, you didn't want to think negatively. You watched him took out his phone and an earpiece. He plugged it in and made you wear it on both ears. He heaved out a sigh and started playing a song.

The song started with a rap and soon, a cheerful melody came in. You grinned hearing the attractive tempo but your smile faded when you listened more closely to the song. It was filled with heart breaking words.

I don’t want to hurt you
But I have to tell you now
It’s not easy to hide my heart
I know you feel deceived, I’m trying to end it
You used to smile brightly but now I’m gonna make you cry for the last time
Everything changes like morning becoming night
When that night passes, just like another day repeats
That feeling comes to me every day like waking up in the morning
So I’m gonna erase you completely, I’m sorry

I was so happy looking at you all day, every day
I was so happy listening to your stories
I guess time is up now
I guess we’re the same as others
Now even when you’re telling me interesting stories, I’m only nodding

Oh ah, I loved you more than anyone else
You were the most beautiful girl in the universe
What exactly happened to me?
I wanna turn back time

Should I be honest?
(You know too, that I feel nothing when I see you)
Should I be honest?
Don’t be surprised, I’m gonna make you cry
Should I be honest?
(Without knowing anything, your eyes are filled with me)
Should I be honest?
You’re smiling like a fool

I see you over there, arrived first
With a bright smiling face
The fastly rewinding times with you
Have stopped now
I’m looking at it again and my frozen heart is melting
You were my spring but I pushed you away
I left you all alone when you were so kind
Just when I started regretting, you held my hand and said
I waited for along time, hurry and come

Oh ah, I loved you more than anyone else
You were the most beautiful girl in the universe
What exactly happened to me?
I wanna turn back time

Should I be honest?
(It doesn’t make sense, trying to let go of all that time)
Should I be honest?
Don’t be surprised, I’m gonna make you cry
Should I be honest?
(Without knowing anything, your eyes are filled with me)
Should I be honest?
You’re smiling like a fool

Today, you’re the same as yesterday, only I’m different
(I think I’m crazy, I was deceived by familiarity and let you go)
I really didn’t know I’d have these feelings
(Actually, it’s just momentary, I just wanted you to melt me)

Should I be honest?
(It doesn’t make sense, trying to let go of all that time)
Should I be honest?
Don’t be surprised, I’m gonna make you cry
Should I be honest?
(Without knowing anything, your eyes are filled with me)
Should I be honest?
You’re smiling like a fool

You took out the earpiece, speechless. You passed the phone to Wonho and you could tell he was trying to decipher your reaction. You craned your head up to him. First thing you thought was, is this song expressing his feelings?

"W-what is all this?"your voice turned shaky.

Wonho took a moment before replying you. "Let's break up."

Your mouth was agape and you stared in trance. You chuckled to yourself and averted your gaze away from Wonho. Your heart refused to believe what he said. All this while, Wonho doesn't love you anymore. Your heart shattered even more when this break up was represented with a touching yet devastating song.

"I'm really sorry. Honestly, I want to end this,"said Wonho.

Tears started brimming in your eyes. You tried to hold back the tears but you cry very easily.

"I just don't feel the same way as before,"he chimed.

You looked down onto your lap and heaved a sigh.

"I really hope you become a really successful announcer. I appreciate the memories we had. This will be the last day we'll be together,"you watched as Wonho rose up from his seat.

Before he sauntered away, he added once more. "Goodbye, Y/N."

A tear trickled down your cheek and soon, you wailed out a river. 'That was mean, Wonho.'

--

A/N: if u look very carefully to the lyrics, its actually a heart breaking song despite its cheerful melody. I'm sorry Wonho for making you the bad person:(