100. Ghost [Minhyuk]

a/n: since i've made a lot of romance, angst and drama genre, i want to try something new and hence, i created this chapter. so far all my chapters happen in the human world so i was looking at monsta x's song list and then i saw 'ghost' and i was like "hmm why not make something related to ghost?" so here it is :)

--

Cardboard boxes scrawled on in black broad felt-tip marker and scattered around the house were finally folded and piled up in the store room. It took you two days for the house to await a new life with a new person. You rested your hands on your hips as you scanned the kitchen and living room.

The living room was built mostly from a special kind of fortified glass. Outside sprawled out a backyard, catching rain and sunlight just like the plants. It was lovingly paved with grey sandstone slabs, roses were planted in circular beds, white steel pergola was built perfectly for shelter and rest after a dive in the open air swimming pool in summer. It was perfect.

Next, all you had to do was organise the groceries and packed side dishes into the refrigerator. Once done, you took a step back and examined the sleek and minimalistic kitchen in case you were missing something. The granite counters were glistening and spotless, the tea set were arranged according to its design and cushioned high stools were arranged in single line.

"All done!"you clasped your hands together.

Your slippers shuffled against the wooden floor as you proceeded to walk up the staircase. However, you halted when you heard the refrigerator door being pulled open. The bottles clanked against each other, tupperware of side dishes were rummaged and plastic bags were crumpled. Your plams were sweaty and your chest was hammering. You wanted to run the living daylight out of him but instead you were frozen to the step you were at. 'Was I just imagining things?'you thought, too scared to comprehend.

Just then, there was a gentle swish from the tap. Your eyes started shaking. You gulped, trying to turn your body to see what was happening in the open space kitchen but you were just rooted to the spot. 'Its not a ghost right? I mean its morning now or could it be, a thief? Wait, if it's a thief then why would he open the refrigerator and tap?'you assumed.

Your arms shivered as you crouched down, grabbing one of your slippers. You inhaled and exhaled deep breaths, forcing yourself to turn. 'It's okay, I have a slipper.' The adrenaline flooded your system like it was on an intravenous drip, right into your blood at full pelt. You thought your heart might explode.

Your foot landed down the steps slowly. Each step you would take, your heart rate increased. As you reached to the last step of the staircase, you peeked your head out from the wall but no one was to be found. The refrigerator door was still opened but the tap was switched off. You stepped gingerly to the kitchen with cold sweat, extending the arm which had a slipper.

Out of the blue, a ghost popped out of the granite counters. "Aaaaahhhh!"the air was rent with your piercing scream. You threw your slipper hastily but lost target because your legs turned weak, hence you stumbled backwards. Your shoulders shook in fear, collapsing to the floor. Simultaneously, the ghost screamed too. He was frozen in place, staring at you with widened eyes and a hanging jaw.

"Aaaaahhhh! You can see me?!"exclaimed the ghost as he touched his face and then his body.

You blinked and squinted your eyes at him, realising he wasn't those typical ghosts you have seen in thriller movies. He was dressed all white. He paired a stone coloured top with crisp white trousers and white blazer. Furthermore, his straight hair was blonde too, accentuating his bright and fair complexion.

"Y-you a-are...?"you stammered.

"What the heck? I thought you won't see me! You're definitely a Seeker. Anyways, throw away this filthy creature. I don't know how many times I washed my hands because you didn't have soap. Ugh, disgusting,"he frowned and wiggled his body.