42. In Time [Shownu]

This is dedicated to merlyn93 . idk if you'll like this chapter or not but i really hope you do :) Thank you for requesting!

--

"Class dismissed!"

The bell resonated throughout the enormous school, indicating break time for the senior students. You packed your writing materials into your pencil case and heard heels clicking towards you.

You clicked your head up and met gazes with Ms Jung, whose eyes were narrowed, rigid and cold. You drew in a deep breath due to the burning stare. You knew it was pointless to run away.

"Follow me,"she ordered sternly and turned around before you could even respond.

You heaved a sigh and trailed behind her, ruffling your hair. Ms Jung is the discipline mistress but perhaps bad luck was in your way since she teaches your class English as well. You are frequently recognised as the usual latecomer. Waking up in the morning wasn't a thing for you.

As you sauntered into the office, Ms Jung led you to her desk which had several sticky notes pasted all around her desk divider. She sat on her swivel chair and crossed her legs, folding her arms as she craned her head up to you.

You bit your lower lip and averted your gaze away from her. You heard her sigh. "You're late again."

"Are you a celebrity? Do you work until late night? Is your home in Busan?"she bombarded questions.

You shook your head from left to right.

"THEN?! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS LATE? YOU'RE ALREADY A SENIOR IN THIS SCHOOL! ARE YOU GOING TO BE LATE FOR YOUR NATIONAL EXAMS AS WELL?"you flinched upon her fires of fury.

"This is not the first time. It's the TENTH time this year,"she emphasised 'tenth.'

You hung your head low. 'I guess it was that bad,'you thought.

"School service for the whole week. If you're late for the eleventh time, I will suspend you,"she snarled with flaring nostrils.

You nodded your head vigorously, hoping to leave that horrendous place which was contaminated with Ms Jung's venomous aura.

"Wipe the whiteboard clean of every class in Block A and go clean the library and organise the books in order. You may go."

Your eyes bulged opened upon her demands. 'There's like 20 classes in Block A. How am I supposed to do that?'you thought. You heaved a sigh and dragged your feet out of the office. Your heart almost sank when a tall figure hovered over you.

You screeched and halted abruptly as you looked up to him. "Yah-"

Before you could even call him, he ambled away with his usual cold vibe. You scoffed at him, not even surprised that he ignored you. Shownu, is his name or probably recognised as the cold city guy. You shrugged and proceeded to the cafeteria to have your lunch. You can never forget about food.

--

"Hey, you wanna come over to my house?"asked your close friend, Sohyun.

"Ugh I can't. I have school service,"you frowned as you packed your bag.

Sohyun crossed her arms and shot a piercing gaze at you. "Set up your alarm clock,"she snarled.

"I don't have one."

Sohyun's eyes and mouth were frozen wide opened in an expression of stunned surprise. You expected that reaction of hers.