46. From Zero [I.M]

This is dedicated to Dragon2635. I hope u like it :) i'm really really really sorry for the super late update for ur request. How can i make u forgive me😥

--

"You know the new trainee? Ugh she's so annoying."

You froze and your ears perked up. You hid behind the wall and peeked, noticing a pair of girls conversing with each other outside the dance studio.

"She's trying to get close to Monsta X when they are clearly not interested in her. She should stay in her lane. She's not even an idol yet,"the girl with straight ponytail tightened the strap of her bag, resisting her fury.

"There's no point dismissing her from the company. She got in through special admission anyway that none of us are aware of. Let's just go,"her friend scoffed.

You watched as they sauntered away from the dance studio. You heaved a sigh and bit your lower lip. It was a mundane process. You were the main topic among many trainees. No one knew how you got into the entertainment industry because you've never told them. In actual fact, you trained with Monsta X before. However, you halted your trainings due to health issues and before you know it, Monsta X debuted and you had to train with the newbies. Their hatred for you will never stop.

You ambled to the dance studio to practice more. Ever since they debuted, you practiced even more diligently regardless of how late you're going back home. You wanted to make up for the trainings which you left out. Before practicing the dance, you would always train your singing and rapping skills.

You pursue to be an all-rounder idol in the future so you learnt rapping as well even though you passed the audition through singing. You plugged in your phone and connected it to the music system. You chose a Monsta X song, From Zero. You adored the song due to its meaning. It portrays the feeling of longing for someone whom he wished she would come back to him and turn over a new leaf.

According to your usual routine, you would practice singing and rapping along to the whole song before brushing up your dance moves.

You scrutinized yourself in the mirror to emphasise your control on vocal and breathing techniques. Furthermore, your facial expression plays a role in showing how confident you are. As you got near to the end of the song, your stomach knotted up. 'This is the part,'you thought.

From 0 not even 1

For you I dedicate this song

Geuttaero dashi doragandamyeon [ If we go back to where we were]

Jigeumjjeum urin haengbokhalkka shipeo [I wonder if we would be happier by now]

Ara mani himdeuldan geo [I know it's really hard]

Naega mandeureotjana uh [Because I made it that way uh]

So please babe
Just give me a chance
to be yours

A seal of applause resonated throughout the dance studio. You glanced to the mirror and saw his reflection. In a flash, a wide grin plastered on your face.

"I taught you well,"he patted his shoulder.

You chuckled. He was Changkyun or well-known by his stage name, I.M. Truth be told, he was your closest friend ever since you became a trainee. He was widely praised for his rap and thus, you started having an interest in rap. You were awestrucked by his skills that you were eager to learn from him. That was how the both of you got close; through rapping.

He sauntered over to you with his arms swinging back and forth. His eyes scanned the dance studio, the venue where he put in abundance of sweat and effort. "Have you made any new friends yet?"he asked.

You heaved a sigh. "Well, I do have a few but it's still hard for the other trainees to accept me. I should withstand it,"you ended with a small smile.

I.M ruffled your hair. He was concern of you. However, he couldn't really help out because it could lead to misunderstandings but still, he stayed by your side silently and supported you.

"Anyways, I'm going to show your rap to the other members."

Your eyes bulged opened when he swung his phone in his grasp. "Y-you recorded me?!"you jabbed your finger at yourself.

I.M shrugged. "Why? It's good though."

You reached out for his phone but due to his fast instinct, he was able to avoid you. You scoffed in return. "Yah, you better delete that!"

"What about a no?"he winked.

"Yah!"

You ran after him to grab his phone but to no avail. In the end, it became a chase. His legs were quick enough to avoid you. Unfortunately, you aren't a physically active person so you got fatigued.

"Changkyunnn,"you whined and dropped to the floor.

He laughed hysterically and kept his phone into his pocket. You shot daggers at him and watched as he lied down beside you on the floor. He patted the space beside his waist, indicating you to do the same. You hissed. You pulled out his arm and rested your head on it.

"Aish gain some fats. It's so uncomfortable,"you slapped his lean stomach and pushed away his arm.

In the end, you positioned yourself and looked up to the white ceiling.

"Yah, the ceiling is just like you."

From the corner of yours eyes, you noticed Changkyun pointing his index finger to the ceiling. You furrowed your eyebrows and frowned.

"How is that me?"

Changkyun chuckled. "The ceiling is like a blank canvas but if you splash colours on it, you get a pattern. Just like you, you first came in with no experience in rapping. Then, I started teaching you and we would practised all the time. I was glad you started having an interest in rapping."

Your lips perked up a little, reminiscing your blunt days when you first came in with very less experience. You started from the bottom and developed slowly into a trainee with multiple talent. Indeed, Changkyun helped you a lot and seeing him debut made you proud.

"I understand how you feel, having to be treated unfairly. When I joined the survival show, I got all the hatred because I came in out of the blue. I expected it but I wanted to show everyone that I was passionate in rapping,"he explained.

You noticed how the views of the public changed when Changkyun debuted. He was once under the spotlight for entering the survival show midway but now, he is the youngest member that is loved by the other members and fans all around the world.

"I'll debut soon,"you assured Changkyun.

An adrenaline rush surge through you, gaining the motivation to practice even harder to attain to greater heights.

--

A/N: wow guys 30.7k views alr omg but idk if this chapter is good tho. At the very least, I wanted to motivate u guys not to give up in this chapter so lets be strong okay:)