105. That's Alright [Minhyuk]

a/n: ok so minhyuk did a cover for this song called that's alright by a grp called weareyoung. minhyuk's voice is so soothing and gentle which makes the song even sadder. fyi, this chapter might be abit complicated and long. yall will know why when yall read :)

--

The steady beat as a clock with a reverberating sound echoed to your very soul. Drumming the mylar stretched over the spherical wooden cylinder not only gave you the rhythm of life but a sear of pink across your cheeks; Minhyuk, the drummer. The smile flashed at you was the prettiest thing you have seen, for it extended to your eyes and deep into your soul. In that momentary of exchanging glances, a smile with the right touch of shyness curled across your lips, the warmth rushing through you.

Liquid energy seeped right through your skin as you blew like a call note or a long quick message, a tone of a bird soothing the soul to sleep. When the music flowed, an invitation for slowness, Minhyuk bloomed of a spring flower, a faint curve to the lips with a gentle admiration. Under the tranquility of band music, he watched you like you had soft petals at your feet and stars in your hands when in fact your fingers lingered over a silver flute. Music wasn't just a form of medicine delivered in the most divine way but also a connection of love.

After the crescendo dived back down and left a silence for a few seconds, your instructor or conductor exhaled a deep sigh of serenity as if he was just awoken by an auditory massage. "Great job guys. Don't forget this kind of momentum and sentimental feeling. See all of you this Friday,"he slotted the musical sheets and stepped down from the podium.

The band bowed, bid him farewell and a thank you before packing and arranging their musical instruments to the designated storage space. Fumbling of instruments, mini conversations and shuffling of shoes filled the atmosphere of the band room as each individual and clusters of friends prepared to go back home. You put aside the flute into the case as you conversed with your friends, most of them not from your class. The chat became longer with varied topics to share and soon, the band room was almost empty with students evacuating.

After the chatter, you slung the straps of your bag over your shoulders. "You're going back home straight?"Minhyuk zipped his bag as he walked towards you.

You shook your head. "I'm going to the supermarket to buy groceries. Ah right!"you snapped your fingers as you remembered the thought of your older sister's birthday party. Im Yoona, your sibling, invited her friends and relatives over your house to celebrate this weekend. You talked about Minhyuk to her before and she met him along the way back to the teacher's office, introducing herself as your sister. She was a social butterfly and by his first impression and the trail of stories you shared with her, she grew fond of him and would do subtle plans to pair the both of you up.

"Yoona unnie invited you over to her birthday party at my house this Saturday. Will you be free?"you arched a brow. Internally, you hoped he could come because seeing him in home clothes would be a beautiful sight.

"I'll come. I should get her a present as soon a possible but I don't know what she likes,"he nodded.

"She said your presence itself is like a present to her,"but it seemed like it was a gift for you instead.

The corner of his lips twitched, snickering. The gentle sound soaked through your ears like a small fragment of your spirit was lifted. However, the brief moment of adulation faded when Minhyuk's friend, Jinyoung, interfered from the other side of the band room. He was the president.