97. Miss Galaxy [Jooheon]

a/n: hii Trishavolution21 ! honestly speaking, its my first time infusing a futuristic idea in a story since i am used to writing in real life context. i deeply apologise for publishing this very late but i wanna thank u for requesting and giving me this opportunity for me to explore a diff genre :) its going to be pretty long btw

--

We all yearn to be truly seen, to have our feelings read but fashion models are instructed to switch of their true selves and flaunt the runway with crestfallen faces and dead eyes. However, women who are devoted would achieve to be ambassadors for joy and freedom. Ever since grade school, you dreamt of entering a beauty pageant despite being surrounded by supportive space scientist parents. You would have followed their footsteps to becoming an astronomer or an aerospace engineer but you chose a different path.

However, it didn't mean you weren't interested in technology and space science. You entered a beauty pageant and the theme they focused on was futurism. With a family interest in such concepts, you were extremely passionate in being an ambassador who promotes science, technology and innovative ideas. Although you were disheartened by the potential models who had outstanding qualities, you wanted to enjoy the moment as this was an one time opportunity.

"Y/N, focus."

You shot your head up, blinking your eyes blankly at Jooheon. He was your high school friend and have been in contact still. He worked as a composer and was talented in singing, hence offered to coach you in your singing abilities for the pageant. Truth be told, you would always compare him to your boyfriend, Jungkook. Jooheon was always genuine in helping you and respected your own choices. However, Jungkook was very conservative. He understood you had your own dreams to pursue but he wasn't fond of your passion. Although you tried persuading him, he wasn't convinced.

Jooheon heaved a sigh and tilted his head as your whirl of thoughts was diverted elsewhere. He knocked onto the table, catching your attention. You cocked a brow, not comprehending the situation.

"Are you not going to sing?"asked Jooheon with narrowed eyes. He could be strict when it comes to teaching you singing skills but it was because he wanted you to win the pageant.

"Yes yes, I will. I'm sorry,"you shook your head.

Jooheon realised you weren't concetrating and if he had forced you, you wouldn't be able to learn effectively. His face softened as he spun your swivel chair so you would face him. He rested his arms on his thighs as he leaned in closer to you. His eyes are so different in moments like this, more soft than you knew eyes could be.

Your body squirmed as he moved closer with deep staring eyes. There was something about that gaze of his that you could never find in Jungkook, as if in that moment your soul and his made a bridge. Your throat turned dry and your heart started racing.

"What's the problem?"asked Jooheon.

"P-problem?"you stammered, taken aback by his question.

"You look very distracted."

You cleared your throat and rubbed your nape, looking away from him. "I think I'm just scared since the pageant is just around the corner."

Jooheon chuckled and patted your head, a deep curve etched on his lips. "I think you're the best out of all the contestants. Besides, the theme is something that you're confident about. This is your dream, remember? Although its called a beauty pageant, remember that your heart matters. If your heart is genuine, you'll become beautiful inside and out."