54. Fighter [Jooheon]

A/N: heyyy guysss. Well erm before reading this chapter, i have to tell u that its pretty lengthy cuz this is my first time doing such a theme and plot like this. I also might be planning to create a fanfiction similar to this theme so im still considering this option :)

--

Black strands cascaded down your back like molten onyx as your lady's maid brushed your long loose hair. You altered your slumped shoulders so as to bestow a great example of modesty and poise. However, you could afford to do less. As an unwelcomed intruder in the Deokhei Palace, which you treated this place nothing like home, had positioned you in no tranquil.

"Your highness,"sounded your personal attendant.

You hummed in response, eyes averting her ever so benevolent gaze. "The Emperor would like to meet you after this."

You heaved a sigh, fatigue already rushing through your whole body. It was always dreadful whenever you met the emperor. In fact, every negotiation you made were all in vain. You were just an ordinary girl who transformed into a woman whom everyone called you the princess.

"There is no point. The Emperor-"

"I believe it is about your royal intermarriage with Prince Chan of Shuhai Kingdom."

A soft and gentle sigh escaped your cherry lips, as if your brain needed that time to process the outcome of the Emperor's opinion or rather a demand which you couldn't disobey. You have been listening well without objections but the consequences doesn't seem to uplift the good of the Kingdom nor your reputation.

"Bring me to him,"you said with your chin up, hands clenched into a fist and a resolute gaze. 'Never will anyone interfere with my decision,'you thought.

Your maid nodded and sauntered ahead, opening the doors for you. She brought you to the throne where the emperor would discuss strategic and prominent tactics. With the gold doors opened wide, you were greeted by the wrinkled lieutenant general, General Yoon. You acknowledged him with a slight nod but your authority fell when you bowed to the emperor.

"Your majesty,"you bowed.

Your gaze penetrated straight into his eyes and as usual, he wasn't concerned. "You will be sent to Shuhai Kingdom and marry Prince Chan this evening. The royal intermarriage will be held tomorrow. I believe this choice can retreat aggression of the Yakuta Army, therefore a good source of strategic diplomacy,"explained the emperor.

Your nails digged into your palm, disapproving the emperor's plan. It brings a better quality of life to the civilians with secured protection and support due to alliance but your life was at risk too. You always wanted the best for the people.

"What good does it bring to me?"

"Your highness, are you questioning the emperor?"General Yoon interrupted.

You scoffed. "Oh right, I was just an accidental daughter caused by greedy lust."

"Do no test my patience,"the emperor threatened sternly.

You glanced over to General Yoon, a glint of disappointment evident on his face. However, you refused to stay still. There are many options to prevent aggression from the Yakuta Army so how could a marriage solve such a heavy matter which might include death?

"I believe my opinion doesn't stand anywhere. I always want the best for the civilians but this solution is of no proper way,"you argued.

"Or perhaps, you want to get rid of me isn't it?"you cocked a brow.

You scrutinized the emperor. He was unfazed and silent, as if he had no heart. You chuckled to yourself, finally realising the intention of his unceasing demands.