95. Destroyer [Kihyun]

a/n: hello, this is dedicated to YOOrproperty . i tried my best haha and i hope u like it. tysm for reading my book :)

--

"Hey hey, where are we going?"

"Almost there,"Kihyun responded as both his palms covered your eyes shut, engulfing you in darkness.

You took baby steps and flailed your arms out in comical movements to perhaps find out where Kihyun brought you. Welcoming you was the wind. The freshness over your skin made a fine flag of your tousled hair and the trees played a gusting chorus.

Kihyun chuckled and finally released his hands. "Here we are!"

You fluttered your eyes open and gasped upon the decorated rooftop specially for you. You glanced over to Kihyun, flabbergasted by his effort. Fairy lights were taped on the wooden floor to form an aisle in the middle with rose petals lined up beside them. Automatically, you sauntered on the aisle which led you to round podium which was lit up for the event.

You stepped up onto the podium, turning to Kihyun who suddenly walked down the aisle with a bouquet of roses in his hands. You could feel the every single pound in your chest as Kihyun gazed at you with such warmth as he approached you, as if his eyes were like doors to your own soul.

As you stared at him, you could feel yourself being hypnotized by the changing colours. He smiled and spots of gold from the fairy lights danced in his irises. "Y/N,"he called so gently.

"Do you remember the first time we met?"

You nodded your head with lips curled upwards, reminiscing the first encounter with him. You enrolled in the police academy and got into the same class as him. He was in denial at the fact that a woman was pursuing to be a police and mocked you for it. The both of you got involved in an endless argument and were punished together. Tension sparked between you two but who would have known that being put together in the same police team could lead to an overwhelming emotion that both of you never felt; love.

Kihyun chuckled as he reflected back on those days when he was extremely imprudent to you because of your gender. "I actually started admiring you because you're a woman that I've never encountered before in my life. You weren't afraid of bugs, you didn't hesitate to pull the trigger and you knocked down culprits without any hesitation."

"But when it wasn't work related matters, I never expected you to behave so femininely. We spent so much time together and became closer than before. So..."

He extended his arms out, handing you the bouquet. Your heart beat so loudly that it seemed to want to escape your chest. Everything that happened felt like an imagination. As you looked down onto the roses and got a whiff of its sweet smell, it strucked you that it was reality.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"he confessed.

Your eyes widened and your lips parted abit as those words slipped out from his lips. It was unexpected. Although the both of you grew closer, you didn't know he would be fond of you because you were only aware of your own feelings. You have been concealing those emotions to yourself for years but turns out, Kihyun was feeling the same way. He could finally find the right woman who could stay by his side.

Your lips lifted upwards, flashing a smile that was genuinely sweet with the right touch of shyness to it. You took the bouquet from him, almost brushing your fingers with his. "Yes,"you nodded shyly with blush seared through your cheeks.