38. Flower Path-Part 2 [Kihyun]

It was awkward. Both of you didn't initiate a conversation despite being in the same class for three days already. Your friends deciphered that you and Kihyun were being unusually silent. Yes, you knew he had feelings for you but regardless, you didn't want to feel uncomfortable around him. In fact, he was one of your closest friend.

"Y/N."

You shot your head up and cocked a brow at Kihyun's friend, Doyoung, whom you were acquainted to. "Yes?"

"What happened between you and Kihyun?"he asked.

Your eyes shifted to Kihyun's vacant table which was just a few tables away from you. You averted your gaze away and resumed on copying notes. "Why don't you ask him yourself?"

Doyoung heaved a sigh. "He said he despised himself and that's it,"he responded.

Your mouth was sealed afterwards. However, your ears perked up to whatever slipped out of Doyoung's lips. "I really hope you can talk to him and sort things out,"he added before sauntering past you.

You put a halt to your hand, grasping onto the pen. You heaved a sigh and bit your lower lip. 'Was I too harsh on him?'you thought. You didn't mean to hurt Kihyun's morale but since a heavy load was pressured on your shoulders, your emotions controlled your mind. You hoped to live a good life like Kihyun. Somehow, you had to take the longer route to the flower path.

School ended and as usual, you headed to the convenience store for work. You changed into your workwear at the nearest toilet and dragged your feet to work, fatigue engulfing you once more. You want to stop but eventually, you had your own circumstances.

"I'm here-"

You halted as you saw a familiar person standing beside your manager at the counter.

"K-Kihyun?"you stammered, flabbergasted by his appearance.

"You know each other?"asked your manager.

You scrutinized him from head to toe. He wore the same workwear as yours and yet, he could make such shoddy attire into a clothing worth buying. 'How can a rich person like him work at this kind of place?' Kihyun noticed you were in trance so he answered instead.

"We're classmates."

"Ahh that's good then. Y/N, he is going to work here from today onwards so please guide him. I have instructed him on his job but he might require some help. Do a good job the both of you,"said the manager.

"Don't worry,"Kihyun bowed with a warm smile. The manager patted Kihyun's shoulder and nodded his head when you bowed at him. He took one final glance at the both of you before exiting the store.

You blinked at Kihyun. "W-why?"

Kihyun shifted his gaze at you. "I thought about what you said. I should have understand your feelings. I guess working here will be fun, right?"he smiled.

"Won't your parents find out?"you asked.

He responded with a faint smile. "Yah, teach me how to use the cashier."

"H-huh? O-oh. Okay,"you stuttered and proceeded to the counter.

Throughout, you guided Kihyun when he was like a lost sheep. He required more time to adapt but he was surprisingly attentive in his work. He managed to use the cashier smoothly and even socialised with customers. As you cleared up the trash, you chuckled when a few high school girls were swooning over him. Somehow, many customers stopped by the store probably because they were awestrucked by Kihyun's visual or either they really needed to buy something.

When there weren't customers at the moment, you took the time to replenish the drinks in the refrigerator. You carried out a box of soft drinks from the store room but Kihyun stopped you from doing so.